Chapter 7

Collins POV:

"Jack?" I said sitting up giving myself a head rush. I heard a growl coming from Ryder with a look to kill on his face. "How did you get my number?" I asked still a little out of breath.

"Oh I have my ways," he chuckled. "Why are you so out of breath?"

My face blushed and I saw Ryder laughing quietly sitting up against a tree with his arm on his knee. "I went out for a run," I answered not completely lying.

"Oh, well the reason that I called was because I wanted to apologize for the way I acted last night. I shouldn't have said the things to you. I should have known the awkward position that you were in and instead of yelling we should have talked about it," he said making me feel sorry for him for some reason.

"No, it's OK you don't have to apologize," I reassured him.

"Yes I do and I want to make it up to you by taking you to dinner," he said making my jaw drop and Ryder do a double take.

Oh shit.

I looked at Ryder, his fists were clenched, brow was narrow, muscles were flexed. He was officially pissed.  He looked as if he was trying to control himself from shifting, which happens sometimes when we get to a certain level of anger.

"If that's OK with you?" I heard Jack ask on the other end.

"Uh..... I... Um......," I don't know what to tell him. I look over at Ryder and he isn't givingme any sign as to whether or not I should say no. "Jack...... I'm....... sorry, but I can't," Ryder looked at me with a shocked look on his face. "You were right about everything. I do need to figure out what I want and I don't need to drag you into that kind of drama. You don't deserve that. I'm really sorry that I have to do this and I hope you understand," I told him afraid of what he was going to say.

"It's ok," he breaths sounding disappointed. "I know that this can't be easy on you, I just hope you find what you are looking for and if that turns out to be me then I will gladly accept."

"Thanks," I half smiled. I almost expected him to go into a fit of rage, but he was understanding.

"Bye," he said.

"Bye," I told him before hanging up the phone. I felt a huge weight being lifted off my shoulders.

"Why did you say no?" I heard Ryder ask.

"Didn't you hear?" I said looking up at him. "I'm figuring out what I want."

I moved over to him "and you know what, I'm getting close," I said before giving him another passionate kiss. Before it coud go any further I stood up and grabbed my cloths.

"So where were you headed before you ran into me?" I asked.

"Oh I got a lead on my sister's whereabouts," he said after coming out of a daze. "So I'm headed over to an Indian reservation that contains one of the last packs in the state."

"You mean the Sharp Claw Pack?" I asked while starting to get dressed.

"Yeah I was headed over there to asked the pack leader some questions."

"Ok well then lets go," I said undressing myself again to shift.

"And what makes you think you're coming?" he asks.

"Cause they don't take to kindly to rogues, but luckily for you my dad is good friends with the pack leader and his son is an old friend of mine, so they might listen to you with me there."

"Oh really what are they going to do? kill me?" he asks half joking.

"No, but lets just say that you'll be walking funny for about a month if you don't have me there," I told him.