Chapter 9

(Collins POV)

"Dad?" I asked confused. Ryder nodded while glaring at his father with such hatred such disgust that I was to scared to even step another inch closer to him. Eric and Ryder just continued to stare at each other Eric with sorrow and Ryder with anger.

"Eric you better have a good explanation for lying to me and to the pack," I heard Joshua say.

"Ryder look..." His father began.

"No I don't want to hear it. You don't deserve an explanation for anything for running out on mom, on me, on Lisa. Did you even thing about what it would do to her or to us? You know while you were shacking up with this bitch and bastard son I was the one taking care of everything. My whole childhood gone. Taking care of Lisa making sure she had food in her stomach and clothes on her back cause mom was either to drunk to even lift the bottle to her mouth or to busy sticking her head in the toilet long enough to even care if we were even alive. I had to work my ass off from the day you left us. Cutting grass, raking leaves, washing cars, delivering groceries anything to make a buck cause all the money that mom had she spent on booze and sleeping pills. And here you are playing house telling everyone that pathetic story about how your family was killed by rouges you make me sick," that only seemed to bring the guilt out in Eric even more.

"Ryder I'm so sorry what you had to go through, no one should have gone through that especially at that age, but there is so much you don't know."

"Bullshit you're nothing but a dead beat father who only cares about himself. Now where is she? Where's Lisa?" He practically yelled.

"What do you mean 'where is she?'" Eric asked.

"Like you don't already know she ran away about three weeks ago. I found a witness saying that she was found getting in your truck and heading towards this territory. Now I won't ask again where is SHE!!!!!!!"

Eric ran his hand through his hair and over his face until he finally looked back at us "I think you all should come inside. Like I said there is a lot that you don't know," he said as he headed for the front door. Ryder didn't move he just kept staring at his father. I touched his hand bringing him out of his state of rage. We walk inside and we're lead into what I assumed is the living room.

Eric sat down on an old worn out recliner he motioned for us to sit down. Ryder and I sit on the couch across from him while Joshua stands leaning against the wall. "Ryder I'm sorry but I really don't know how to tell you this, so many times I've wanted to write or call and tell you but I knew that it would only make you hate me even more," he said looking at him.

"So what is it?" He asked not really caring.

"Ok the thing is is that I'm...... Not your father," we all sat there astonished at the information we were just given.

"What do you mean you are not my father?" Ryder asked shocked.

"I'm sorry Ryder but it's true."

"But how can that be you've been the only male figure around my life and what about Lisa? Are you her father then?"

"No I'm not her father either I'm sorry."

"Well then who are you?" He asked.

"Well for starters my real name is Eric Crosby not Thomas Knight as you thought, me and your father were best friends growing up we did everything together we were practically brothers. We use to talk about how we didn't need mates and that we would stay single forever and just have the time of our lives. That was until he met your mother his mate. He fell head over heels in love with her. She was all he ever talked about all he ever wanted, so he made the decision to mate with her. Soon after she fell pregnant with you and I had never seen him more happy. He was so excited to be a father he knew right away that you were going to be a boy and he wanted you to have everything that he never had and what he always wanted and that was a pack of his own. So he made it his life's mission to have the most powerful pack in the country and it almost worked to but the only problem was that the pack was made up of nothing but rouges. The power of being Alpha became addicting for him he began attacking smaller packs who wouldn't merge with him and allow him to take over. He was turning into a monster your mother was fearing for your life and hers so we decided to run and hide. It worked until you were born he somehow sensed that you were coming into the world and was able to find us he threatened to take you away and kill me for stealing what was his. I was able to fight him off long enough for you and your mother to get away. I met up with her a few weeks later and that's when we cam to Texas and joined the pack under the name Knight."

"So my name isn't Knight?" Ryder asked.

"No, it's Steele. We changed it so he couldn't find us. We lived peacefully for a few years then Sarah your mom began having nightmares about your father returning and taking you away from her. She soon became paranoid never wanted to leave the house for fear of him seeing her. I didn't take her seriously at first I thought that she would be ok in a few weeks once she realized that we were safe, but I was wrong. I stayed late at a pack meeting one night until I heard her through the mind link. She was screaming saying he was back. I ran as fast as I can but I was to late he left by the time I got there he had raped and almost beaten her to death. She wouldn't let me take her to the pack doctor for fear of everyone finding out about our past so I took care of her as best I could but there was one thing I couldn't heal was the wound in her mind. She became depressed and it got worse when she found out that she was pregnant with Lisa. I tried everything I could to help her but she wouldn't let me until one day she kicked me out saying that me being there only reminded her of her mate that ruined her life. I didn't want to leave but I didn't have a choice. I would have taken you guys with me but I knew that it would only destroy her even more without the both of you to help her."

"Well look what good that did her," Ryder scoffed.

"What do you mean?" Eric asked.

"Mom killed herself a few years ago," he admitted.

I saw a tear fall down Eric's face before he buried it in his hands "I'm so sorry Ryder I didn't know, if I would have know I would have done something sooner. You guys should have never have gone through that alone."

"Do you have any clue where Lisa could be?" Ryder asked completely ignoring Eric's sympathy.

"I'm sorry Ryder, but I don't know where she is," he said looking at the ground. There was a brief moment of silence "wait there is this rumor about this pack of rouges that has settled not to far from here," he said looking at Joshua.

"Yeah I've heard of them. We've been keeping an eye on them from afar. If they try something we'll be ready."

"Well from what I've heard about the leader he sounds just like James your father, if your sister was in the area he could have found her and kidnapped her."

We sat there in silence for a few minutes before Ryder stood up and headed for the door, Eric quickly stopped him by grabbing on his arm "Ryder please don't do anything stupid he is more powerful than you think, years searching for you and your mom has driven him mad and now with the loss of his mate I'm sure has caused him to go insane," he stopped and looked at me "there are more important things in this world than revenge."

Ryder didn't say anything, he just tugged him arm free and walked out "thank you," I told Eric as I stood to go after Ryder.

"Please make sure he doesn't do anything stupid, I may not be his father but I still think of him as my son and I love him very much," he said. I nodded and went after Ryder "what are you going to do?" I asked when I finally caught up to him.

"What I've been doing for the past few weeks, I'm going to find my sister, and kill that son of a bitch sperm donor," he stated and before I could say anything to stop him he took for the woods leaving behind a pile of shredded clothes.

Sorry it's taken me so long to update again my computer is officially broken I had to use my moms iPad to type this chapter up, and yes I'm 21 and still live with my parents, I'm not embarrassed cause I don't have to worry about paying rent or hardly any bills. So yeah I'm hopefully going to be getting my new computer this weekend so there will be more updates I promise. We'll hope you enjoyed this chapter sorry if it's a little short.

SweetB_21 (>^.^)>O