NCIS ~ a fathers sins

hey everyone!
this is my story that will be released in march.

------------------------------------ prologue:

I heard a knock at the door, I rolled over and looked at the alarm clock. who in the hell would be here at 6am?

I got up out of bed and stumbled to the door,
I flung the door open and was completely shocked by who stood there.

"EJ?" I questioned.

"Hey tony" she says, giving me a weak smile.

"what are you doing here?" I ask, completely confused.

"Um, it's a long story. But I need you to do me a favour." She says, fiddling with her nails.

"sure. Come in." I say, stepping aside.

"tony, You have a daughter, Kara. She's 5 months old." EJ says, looking down.

"is she-"

"mine, yes."

"oh my god EJ! why didn't you tell me?"

"I'm sorry tony, but you need to take custody of her."

"what? I can't be a father! I know nothing about being a parent."

"tony you have to, I can't look after her anymore."

I was completely shocked, but nodded in agreement anyway.

She walked out the door and picked up a stroller basket, walking back into my kitchen she placed the basket and a big bag on the counter.

I hastily looked in the stroller basket, to see the most gorgeous baby I've ever layed eyes on.

she had soft blonde curls bobbing around her face, and bright green eyes.

"she's beautiful." I whisper, stroking my fingers along this beautiful baby's cheek.

"Kara Tully Dinnozzo." She whispers

"KT." I say, smiling at the nickname that I had come up with for my daughter.

"tony, you mustn't tell anyone you ever saw me. Understand?" EJ said, with a serious look on her face.

I nod,
I didn't know why this was so important, but I understood not to question Barrett.

"tony?" she whispers.

"yes?" I say, still keeping my focus on the tiny baby.

"look after her." she says.

"of course EJ." I say, smiling at the tiny baby.

EJ walks to the basket and gives Kara a kiss on her forehead before turning to me.

"goodbye tony. I will never see you again." she smiles weakly.

"EJ, I need to know your doing the right thing here. what's going on?" I ask frantically , grabbing her arm.

"trust me tony, this is for the best." She leaned over and kissed my cheek, before turning and running out my door.

That was 5 years ago.

"DADDY!" Squealed Kara, as I spun her around. "STOP IT!"

"NEVER KT!" I smile, as I spun her around again, placing her on the kitchen counter

"daddy what's for dinner?" She asked, smiling her toothless smile. she had just lost her front two teeth.

"spaghetti my little princess!" I smiled, as I scooped the pasta into two bowls.

I watched as my 5 and a half year old daughter scooped spaghetti into her mouth.

tomorow was the day, the day where I would be forced to tell the team that I had a daughter.

she was nearly six, she would start school next year and they needed to know.

I wondered what they would say, especially after keeping it a secret for 5 years.

Gibbs would be furious,
McGee would be shocked,
Abby would be...well abby.
Ducky would be accepting,
Palmer would be astonished,
Vance would be emotionless,
And ziva..
oh my gosh.
Ziva.
She will be heartbroken, betrayed and furious.

--------------------------------------------

so that was my prologue,
I have started writing the rest of this story.
so stay tuned for march 1st when the first chapter will be released.
whatcha all think so far? x

~ @ncis_tiva