chapter 7

Tony's POV:

I sit in the arm chair as ziva reads to Kara,
I can't believe she's that good with her.
I never really took ziva to be the mothering type.

"the end." Ziva says, closing the book and placing it gently on the bed side table.

"thankyou ziva." KT whispers, pronouncing zivas name correct.

ziva smiles and stands up.

"no problem tateleh, but you need to get some sleep now." Ziva whispers, pulling the doona up a little more.

"why? I'm not tired." KT says.

"Because all ballerinas need to get loads of sleep, then they can become strong." Ziva whispers, planting a kiss on Kara's forehead.

"okay. nighty night ziva, night daddy. I love you." KT says, before rolling over.

Zivas POV:

"Night KT." Tony said, turning on a small fairy light in the corner of the room and pulling the curtains closed.

"Zi, I'm just gonna go out the pizza in the fridge." Tony whispers.

I nod, and watch him walk out of the room.

I sit and watch Kara for a bit. her breathing evens out and I know she's fast asleep.

I stand up and walk out of the room, keeping the door slightly ajar.

I walk into the kitchen and see tony sitting on a stool with a glass of wine in front of him.

"your good with her." he says, passing me a glass of wine.

"she's a sweet girl tony." I say smiling, taking a gulp of the alchahole.

"Zi, I'm sorry for not telling you about her." He says, placing his hand on mine.

"It is okay Tony." I smile, finishing off my drink. "I should get going.. um are you coming to work tomorrow?" I ask, grabbing my bag.

"yeah, I'm going to take her with me. I think I should tell the team." He says, looking at me with a Desperate look in his eyes.

"do not worry tony, it will be fine. would you like me to come over first thing tomorrow morning?" I ask.

"Is that an excuse to be with me zi?" Tony asks smugly, wriggling his eyebrows.

I laugh at how fast he can change his mood, from normaly behaved adult to his childish self.

"whatever, night tony." I say, pulling my coat on.

"oh ziva?" he calls.

"Yes?"

"Toda." he smiles sincerely, his fake Israeli accent sounding a little off-note.

"Prego." I reply, with my thick accent.

(just a few Hebrew words you may need to know:
Tateleh: sweetheart/sweetie
Toda: thankyou
Prego: your welcome.)