chapter 6

Tony's POV:

after lunch we headed back to my apartment, it was just after 5.00pm when we got there.

I went to the kitchen and unloaded the food shopping while Ziva and Kara went and unloaded all of the clothes.

I began preparing for dinner, I got out some ingredients to make Nachos but realized that I had no cheese.

I walked to KTs room to see KT and Ziva laughing and throwing Teddy's at each other,

I knocked lightly on the door and they turned their attention to me.

"I was gonna make nachos, but because we have no cheese. I might go get some pizzas. How's that?" I say, standing in the doorway, leaning on the frame.

"perfect." Ziva says, smiling.

I nod and leave, closing the door behind me.

I grab the phone and dial the local pizza shop, ordering our meal and then leaving to go get it.

Zivas POV:

After tony went to pick up the pizzas me and Kara went into the lounge room.

"wanna watch a movie zivaaaa?" she asks, plonking down on the couch with a thump.

I laugh, like father like daughter.

"sure tateleh, what ya wanna watch?" I ask, sitting down next to her.

"Barbie and the nutcracker!" She says, climbing off the couch and to the DVD machine.

"that's the one with the ballerina, yes?" I ask.

"yep! I wanted to be a ballewina but daddy said that I can't, because he doesn't have time to take me." Kara says, her cute smile dropping a notch.

I remember when I told my father that I wanted to be a ballerina,
he had told me that I must be a Mossad operative. And Mossad operatives weren't sissy girly dancers.

"it's okay Kara, your daddy loves you. Maybe I can teach you some moves sometime?" I offer, smiling at the memories of me dancing my heart out while my father was away on a business trip. I had broken my word to him and I had done a few summer lessons with my friends mom who was a dancer.

"Really?" She asked, her face filled with excitement.

"sure!" I say, pulling the girl onto my lap and starting the movie.

after 20 minutes Kara was sleeping silently, with her head in my lap. He little body curled into a heap beside me.

after about 30 minutes tony came back,
He balanced two pizza boxes in one hand, while he held a bottle of wine and a carton of chocolate milk in the other.

"need a hand?" I ask, whispering.

He looked over at me and shook his head, as he placed the boxes and drinks on the counter.

"should I wake her?" I ask.

"nah, she had a big day. if you wake her up now she won't go back to sleep tonight." He says, hoisting her out of my lap and into his arms.

I followed as tony carried Kara into her room and placed her gently on her bed, pulling her covers on top of her.

"zivaaa?" she mumbled, as she stirred.

"yes, I'm here." I whisper, waking over to the bed and taking a seat next to her.

"daddy sometimes reads me a story, will you tonight?"

I glance at tony who nods,

"sure. What book?" I ask positioning myself next to her, my back against the bed head.

"alladin." She whispers, still not opening her eyes.

Tony walks over to a large bookshelf and brings back the book, I smile at him and take it.

I flip open the book and begin to read.