chapter 9

Zivas POV:

The elevator doors swung open and revealed the orange bullpen that I hadn't been to since early yesterday.

I walked in first, with tony and KT in tow.

Gibbs, McGee and Abby were already there, talking amongst themselves

they didn't seem to notice the third person presence till after a moment.

"who's that?" Abby asks, bewilderment spread accross her face.

McGee and Gibbs now have eyes on KT, which made the small girl coware away.

Tony steps forward, infront of me. I indignantly pull KT next to me.

"My daughter." tony says simply.

Gibbs looks furiated, which is fair enough to say.

"what do you mean your daughter?" Gibbs spits, now standing infront of Tony enraged.

"she was EJs, I didn't even know! She just showed up at my door step with this baby and expected me to look after her!" Tony says, stuttering over his words.

"what do you mean baby? that is not a baby!" McGee says rather obviously, pointing to KT.

"First off McAss, it's not a THING it's a GIRL. and second off, she was a BABY when I got her." Tony yells, now furious with McGee.

"Don't talk to Timmy like that!" Abby says, butting in on the conversation.

"oh SHUTUP Abby" tony spits.

Abby looks ataken back, but regains compositor.

"why is she clinging on to ziva?" she asks quieter this time.

now all the eyes were on me,
it was a fact that KT was now leaning on me, clinging onto my hand and side for support.

"because she trusts her." tony mumbles.

"what do you mean? ziva didn't know about the girl did she?" McGee says in an accusing tone.

"yes she did."

"for how long?" Barked Gibbs, his eyes still enraged in anger.

"which one the kid or ziva knowing?" Tony asks, looking haunted by Gibbs reaction.

"both."

"well I've had KT for almost 6 years and Zivas known for a few days."

"AND YOU DIDN'T THINK TO TELL ME?" Gibbs yells, slamming his hand on the table, causing KT to let out a small yelp.

"DINOZZO YOU CAN'T EVEN TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF LET ALONE ANOTHER HUMAN BEING YOU WERE A PLAYBOY JUST SLEEPING WITH GIRLS AND THEN DITCHING THEM AND BREAKING THEIR HEARTS YOU CAN'T BE A FATHER YOU ARNT SERIOUS ENOUGH YOU COULD DIE ANYDAY AND YOU DONT EVEN TAKE THAT INTO ACCOUNT DO YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SHE STARTS SCHOOL? WHAT ABOUT WHEN SHE BECOMES A TEENAGER?!" Gibbs barks, growing angrier by the minute.

"I have ziva for that." Tony whispers, now looking at the ground.

"ZIVA? WHAT YOUR USING HER TOO! WELL DONT YOU GO BREAKING HER HEART TOO!"

"IM NOT BREAKING ZIVAS HEART AND HELL IM NOT USING HER! STOP FATHERING HER YOUR NOT HER FATHER, YOU DONT GIVE A CRAP. AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION I'VE BEEN LOOKING AFTER KT FOR NEARLY 6 YEARS WITH NO PROBLEM. SO QUIT JUDGING ME FOR MY PARENTING BECAUSE AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED KT's NOT DEAD AND THAT'S BETTER THAN WHAT YOUR DOING!" Tony yells back.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" I yell loudly enough for the whole bullpen to hear me. "BOTH OF YOU SHUT THE HELL UP!"

I grip KT's hand tighter.

"Tony that was uncalled for, and Gibbs you shouldn't be judging tony for his parenting skills, as far as I'm concerned she has a roof above her head, food at the table at night, a loving father and a happy life. but your right, tony you do need to grow up a little, this is a big responsibility, and yes your right too tony, Gibbs you can't be fathering me, I'm 28 you can't chose my decisions." I say indignantly. "And McGee, I know it wasn't fair that none of you were told but me. But that wasn't my story to tell. And Abby don't get offended at what tony says, he's just angry. But this whole thing is tearing you apart, and it shouldn't. This isn't just any little girl, she should bring the team together as a family not as an argumentitative group of bindies!" I add, throwing my arms up in the air.

"bitches." tony, McGee and Abby all say simultaneously.

"That too." I shake my head.

I lift up Emma and place her on my hip, she rests her small head in the crook of my neck, her blonde hair brushing against my bare arms.

"sort this out." I state simply, before leaving the bullpen with KT in my arms.