O N E

Tris Prior tucked her turning nails under the exposed part of her thighs. She felt self conscious in her new patterned skater dress. It went to her knees, but it had to be the shortest thing she had ever worn in public. It was a soft peach color with a black band around the waist.

However, with the money spent on the dress, she had to abandon a chance of getting a new pair of shoes. On her feet were a pair of black high-top sneakers that were worn and scuffed.

She could feel the redhead at the desk looking down at her with a not so friendly feeling and it made Tris antsy.

The job was everything she needed. Long hours and lots of money with new people in a new city.

"Ms. Prior? Mr. Eaton is waiting for you in his office," the redhead said with a fake, pearly smile.

Tris took a deep, shuddering breath. If she got any more nervous her large, butterfly-like wings would sprout from her back.

She entered the large wooden doors and folded her hands, praying that her nails didn't change.

"Are you Miss Prior?" A tall man with dark, cold blue eyes asked as he stood from his desk that took up just a quarter of the huge, expensive looking office.

"Yes sir," she said sweetly, taking a seat in the black leather chair that he had gestured to.

"You're here for a job," he stated, standing up from his seat behind the desk to walk around the dark oak, allowing his body to rest against the front of it so he was just merely a foot from her nervous frame. He buttoned the buttons on the jacket of his suit, and looked down at her with no prominent emotion. However, she could see the glint of malicious intent in his eyes. "Why is that, Miss Prior?"

"Time, mainly," she answered with a blush. She felt like she was shouting, but to him she was just barely whispering. He towered over her small form more than a foot, she was so tiny.

"Elaborate, please," he said, leaning forward. Something about this girl interested him. She was different than all of the other girls he had interviewed earlier. She was soft-spoken and genuine. She was dressed professionally, yet conservative. He found her beautiful, and the thought shocked him. It caused a deep crack in the stone encasing on his heart.

"Umm, I have too much time to contemplate unhappy things. Perhaps distraction would be a better word, sir. I apologise."

He ignored her irrelevant, polite apology. "Do you even know what this job requires?" he hissed, standing up again to take a seat in the chair beside hers.

"Yes sir, all things I know how to do," she murmured, glancing at her nails that were quickly turning black as the man in front of her scared and intimidated her.

"Where did you pursue school, Miss Prior?" he added her name softly, faint curiosity dangling from the ends of his words.

"I-I went to highschool in Mount Clavaire, but could afford no further education, sir," she said.

He nodded, fascinated that a girl would have the audacity to apply to be his personal assistant when she had no higher than a high school diploma. Of course she had sent in her résumé, but he hadn't bothered to look at it. He didn't care. "That should be all then, Miss Prior. My secretary will call you if you have the job. You may go."

Tris shivered and stood from her seat, thanking him lightly before spinning and walking out the doors.

Four Eaton couldn't believe it, but he knew who he wanted to be his personal assistant.

Fairy Kisses (Fourtris AU)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें