T H R E E

"Actually I need to grab something from the corner store. You can just drop me off there," Tris whispered softly, turning her head back to face Four who was staring out the window as they were on their way to the general location of her apartment.

"Alright," and he said nothing more. He had already been too considerate and he did not want her to get the wrong idea.

"Thank you so much for the ride, Mr. Eaton. I will see you tomorrow at work then," she kissed his cheek politely before slipping out of the car and into the illuminated store.

Four held his cheek in shock. No one had ever kissed him a nonsexual way, at least not that he could remember. His mother might have, but she passed before he was seven.

There was just something about Tris Prior that he couldn't get out of his head, like an instant attraction. He shook his head to clear his thoughts and drove off.

Tris watched from the magazine rack infront of the window as the limo driver off before slipping back into the night. The rain had slowed to a mist, but she still shivered in her clothes. She had absolutely no idea what she was going to wear to work tomorrow.

~~~

She had managed to find an old pair of black jeans and a dressy sweater that seemed to be from another time period, but they fit her well and she looked professional.

The bus only ran early, so she arrived at work an hour before her arrival time at eight. The office was quiet, and she waited patiently outside of Mr. Eaton's office.

He arrived a few minutes later, shocked to see her waiting, "Why are you so early, Ms. Prior?" He walked in the room and set his bag on his chair, emptying the few contents of an expensive laptop and what looked to be a giant notebook.

"Only time the bus could get me here, sir. May you please show me what I can get started on? I'm awfully excited," she muttered, peeking through her lashes bashfully.

She always managed to shock him, "Yes, just give me a moment. Could you turn on the boiler on the shelf there?" He pointed to the built-in bookshelves that were filled with binders and a printer.

She immediately did as he asked, spotting the boxes of green tea and preparing his mug. "How much sugar?"

His quick response was one packet, but then he blinked, turning to face the young girl who didn't even need to be asked of what to do. "Thank you," he said nicely, sitting down in his chair and motioning her close. "I have you a nice planner here that will allow you to keep up to date with all of my events. Your desk is in the corner and you will be answering the phone calls and emails from the small tablet.

For now, I want you to transfer all of the upcoming happenings into your big planner here, just so you can always have it. Understand?"

She thanked him, her nails turning tan to signify her hunger as her stomach rumbled. It was going to be a long day.