Lapis x cracked gem!Reader

For Vulpix-Chan757

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Water. That was what you heard. The rhythmic breathing of the waves along the shore, the whitecaps smashing against the rocks. It was a calming sound. 

You opened your eyes, only to find blackness swirling in front of you. The calming feeling the waves brought was overrun with a sense of inescapable panic. Your body seemed to move by itself, jolting you upright from your previous resting place on the sand. Arms outstretched, you stumbled, hands searching for a solid surface. Soon enough they found one, and the adrenaline that had previously been pumping through your veins diminished. You collapsed, back against what felt to be a rock, and brought your knees to your chest. 

The air was cool here, and it was quiet outside. From this you gathered that it must be night on this planet. This planet that wasn't your own. 

You knew perfectly well how you had ended up here, but you most certainly were not going to think about that. Not now, when you had already experienced far too much emotional turmoil.

You waited there, shivering not from cold but from the fearful excitement you felt. Stranded on an alien planet and you could't see. Your own shaky fingers felt along the edges of your gem, fearful for what you hoped wasn't true. In the back of your mind you knew it was.

Stifling a gasp, you forced yourself to think rationally.  You knew this was going to happen, don't be so surprised. That's what happens to gems who-

Stop it. Panicking won't help. Getting mad or frustrated won't help.

As you expected, the once smooth surface of your gem was now split, a thin fissure almost dividing it in two. 

How am I going to get out of this? Was all you could think.

~~~

You sat there, knees to your chest, head down, too emotionally drained to do anything other than stare out at the ever present curtain of black. 

Soon enough, warmth crawled across your skin, and you heard the shrill cry of creatures far above you. Instinct told you to look up, but rationality reassured you nothing would look different. So you sat, listening to the ever present crash of the waves, and the alien sounds all around you. And one of those sounds, you perceived, was coming closer and closer. You drew yourself farther into the shadow of the rock, hoping that whatever was approaching was either  something that wouldn't notice you, or something that wasn't hostile. 

Footsteps.

That was part of the noise. The other bit.. it was becoming clearer. The nonsensical hum turned into distinguishable words. Because Humans live here. You thought. And if there are humans here, then that means.. I'm on Earth.

Thrown out of Homeworld... down to Earth. 

The rapidly approaching footsteps and apparent conversation snapped you out of your thoughts. 

"...I saw it go down over here!" A voice yelled. You wished you could turn invisible. At what you guessed was a little ways away from your hiding spot, the steps stopped. The voice whispered something, and you heard a whisper in return. Two humans then. The footsteps resumed, this time at a slower pace. In your direction. You were sure if you tried to move, you wouldn't be able to anyways. The voice spoke up again, and in it you heard what sounded like concern.