Peridot x cracked!obsidian! Reader

For Obsydien  

sorry this took so long to get out!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

You were hanging out at the barn with Peridot today. Or rather the whole week. Steven, Amethyst, Pearl, and Garnet were off on a mission somewhere. Something about a rogue gem? Pretty much the usual for them. Peridot and Lapis had taught you the basic stuff about the farm, and given you a list of things to help out with. You actually enjoyed the work, whether it was helping set up the watering systems, plant more seeds, or taking care of Pumpkin. Most days the work was easy, thanks to your gem powers and not needing food or sleep. You still liked to take breaks and watch the clouds, though. The green and blue gems even taught you about meep morp, and you created a few things yourself.

Today you were quite bored, and not sure what to do with yourself. You walked through the corn, brushing past the rough leaves, thinking. Your feet carried you, and you were seemingly on autopilot. Before you knew it, you'd walked a full circle around the entire farm. Huh. The lengths boredom could drive you to. Shrugging to yourself, you figured a few more rounds couldn't hurt. After  you were halfway through your third, Peridot called out to you. Not catching what she said the first time. You yelled a "What?" And she replied "Obsidian? What are you doing? Come here!" You complied, jogging over to the barn. "What's up?" You asked, tilting your head to the side. She frowned. "How come you're walking around like that? Are you okay?" She questioned. You smiled and nodded. "Yes, I'm fine. Just a little bored, is all." She nodded, thinking to herself.
"Hey! How about you help me out with something?" You gave her a thumbs up. "Sure? What do you need?" She waved you over to a bit of machinery. "I need some help with this." She pointed to an odd looking gear thingy. "Your weapon looks like it could help unstick it." You chuckled. Peridot got herself into all sorts of situations... it was pretty endearing. Summoning your weapon, you maneuvered it around the machine until the odd looking piece popped off. "There you go!" She jumped up and down in excitement. "I knew you'd be perfect for the job! Thank you!" You high-fived her, which was something Steven taught you. You liked it. 

Suddenly, a loud groan resonated from within the machine. "What was that?" You wondered aloud. In a flash, you were on the ground, dazed and confused. You tried to keep your eyes open, but they kept getting heavier and heavier. You sighed, as you felt yourself poof back into your gem.

Peridot hadn't experienced much human emotion, but that night she cried. And the night after that too. She knew you'd be back, but there were still seeds of worry planted deep in her heart. She took to taking you gem everywhere with her, never letting her eyes stray from it. Peridot talked to your cracked gem, telling you how she wished you would come back soon. You could hear her, and you couldn't bear to see her like this. But you needed time to heal. "As soon as Steven gets back," You thought, "my gem will be healed and then I can see Peri again." This thought kept your spirits high, and you eagerly awaited for the week to end. 

Peridot seemed to sense this to, and she often lamented about how she wished "Steven and the Crystal Clods" would get home soon. You, even in your cracked and unresponsive state, felt close with Peridot. She kept you company, telling you stories and practicing her jokes. You wished you could laugh at them. Peridot also apologized to you a lot, as she thought it was her fault you were cracked. "After all, if you hadn't taken that gear out, nothing would've exploded, and you'd be fine." She said. You wanted to poof right back, then and there, and explain to her how it was okay, these things happen, and it wasn't her fault.

You looked forward to the day when you could tell her.