Chapter Eight

Chapter 8

The next couple of days were a blur for Cain, things were tense between both himself and his team since he dismissed them, they all understood why, but it didn't necessarily mean they agreed with it they fucking hated it.

Training was intense both cardio and weights were upped along with hours in the ring, new sparring partners were introduced to challenge and improve his fighting style anything to ensure he was ready.

His mind so preoccupied with meeting Austen, he still hadn't seen Noah, the only communication between them were texts sent a couple of days ago, he couldn't see the man until his meeting with Aus was over, needed the time to think, to train and bringing Noah in the midst all his shit wasn't fair, he would be able to be the guy that he wanted to be for Noah right now, too many things were going on.

Things he wouldn't be able to explain to Noah in the short amount, explain what this thing with Austin was, what he had to go through, frustrated he thought hell I don't even know but he would after tonight and Noah well baby, were just going to have to wait.

"At any moment you decide to use your fists on that prick, and trust me you will. You call me, D or Jess, I don't care if you think you can take him or whatever, you haul ass and call one of us, are we understood?" snapped Gav "you got it" muttered Cain thinking I can handle myself.

Turning to Jess, she mumbled "and don't antagonize him, don't try and push his buttons listen to whatever crap he wants to say and then tell him to leave" things had been edgy with his manager giving him the cold shoulder since he yelled at her, but she cared for him just the mere fact she was telling him what to do cause she loved doing that.

Going around both men he picked the red head and crushed her into a hug "you got it Jessie" whispering "I'm sorry too" into her hair, sniffing into his shirt she nodded "good, cause I'll hurt you myself if anything happens" chuckling Cain gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before releasing her.

"I don't even need to tell you all this crap, do what you gotta do and be done with it princess" teased D grinning "whatever asshole" grinned Cain. Picking up her bag Jess gave a heavy sigh "time we were off boys, that dick will be here soon" nodding with her Cain watched as the all three began to make their way through the door all muttering silent be careful as they left. Alone at last, Cain waited.

........

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Cain was sitting in the middle of the sofas after his team had left, not long later he received a phone call from his receptionist informing him that a Mr. Parker was in his way up, thanking her he hung up to sound of rhythmic knocking at his door.

Palms sweating he made his way over to the door every, step felt surreal it was too slow, but he physically couldn't force himself to go faster, the long walk led him straight to to the front door. Taking a deep breath he stood for a second to steady his pounding heart and the ringing in his ears, fuck it, let's do this he thought before twisting the door knob to bring him face to face with his past, Austin.

Staring at the man before him he took in all the changes, still a couple of inches shorter than Cain he noticed the golden warm hair once long was now cut into one of this slick back hair cuts, a light beard covered the angular face his tan was off setting those intense blue eyes goddamit thought Cain, moving aside he had enough of gawking at the man and motioned for him to come in, neither uttering a word.

Clicking the door shut, Cain stood and watched as the other made his way through to the living room over to the left of the sofas, taking off his biker jacket in the process he laid it next to him before sitting down, looking up at Cain he said "don't just stand there, sit or something.." softly adding a "please". Moving away Cain made his way over to the opposite sofas and gazed at the man, fidgeting in his seat his face was anywhere other than at Cain's.