Chapter Twelve

Since that night with Noah four days ago Cain hadn't been able to stay at the brunette's apartment, no, he had leave early the next day to go out of town to train with Gavin. His coach and Jess had insisted that he should leave for a couple of days to solely train and clear his mind of distractions. They did this every time they thought he needed a push, granted the last week had been draining both emotionally and physically but that didn't mean he needed a goddamn intervention.

Renting out the "South house", its closed off building that housed a state of the art gym with its own fighting cage, running courts, pool, ice bath tanks all within a nice looking house, anything that an athlete needed it had and that's where Cain had been for past 4 days.

Sure his team were looking out for his best interest helping him to focus without the media, by setting him up with best training facilities you could have, but the fighter new what this little away time really meant, he was being cock-blocked by getting any more opportunities with Noah by his hard ass coach.

"I told you to keep it your pants princess and now look, you look so fucking sluggish." yelled an annoyed Gavin, having witnessed his fighter's workout. Well if that's what you could even call it.

If wasn't that Cain wasn't training long enough, it was that fact he didn't have the tense drive in him which annoyed Gavin. His mind was elsewhere, usually Cain worked out like it was no body's business, always alert with his head in the game, no distractions, nothing. But watching his appalling spar session with the other opponent that had been bought in over the last couple of days were enough for Gavin to want to kick the little shits face.

Lifting his arm he wiped the continuous sweat off his forehead, having already taken off his gym shirt drenched in sweat, Cain's broad back and thighs were aching, both felt on fire as a result of training becoming increasingly harder since he the last couple of days, each day something new was introduced to make him work.

Bringing his arms up, Cain bent them at the elbow and jumped his stance. Facing the classic red punching bag that hung from the metal grip, he counted his hits before punching the unyielding gear with the new combinations that his coach wanted. It had something to do with a different technique, working both arms in fast and slow sequence, repetitive, yet still using that same amount of force.

"Goddammit Cain, fucking focus." he snapped "you think getting all that ass with help you in the ring? well it won't" grabbing the front of the boxing bag he halted it glaring at Cain from the other side "I get it you find some cute fucking play thing, and god knows you hardly ever paid any attention to any of the others like the way you do with this one but get your head out of your ass and concentrate. Focus on this kid after, cause he won't help when you in the goddamn ring ".

"What the hell do you know about him not helping me." he retorted

"How do I know he's not helping" bellowed Gavin in disbelief "Maybe it's because your too busy checking that damn phone of yours like some sort teenage girl waiting for her prom king, when you should be focusing on not getting your ass whooped".

Pushing the bag away he stepped to the side and faced the younger man "You minds all over the damn place first with Parker and know this kid. You think sucking face will help you when you get your face kicked in? You think always wanting to know where your guy is, is gonna help you when Austin fucking Parker is ramming you body into the steel frames? Well, do you princess?"

"No" seethed Cain, ripping his hand gloves off and throwing them to floor he muttered " It won't happen again" before making his way over to the running machine.

Following the others movements he sneered "You bet your ass it won't, cause if I even see you slacking off and getting distracted I'll go and chat to that damn boy myself".