Chapter 6:

Chapter 6

It's 3 months today that our baby is due and we've decided on two things that we were unsure when to do. The ultrasound that decided as if the baby's gender, and that we're doing an interview coming out as upcoming parents today.

The interview is on Good Morning America which will be aired tonight but we'll be filming it after lunch. This morning is our doctors visit so today is basically all about the baby. Harry seems more nervous about the screening than I am, constantly tapping on the steering wheel obnoxiously fast. I reach over into his lap and pull his clenched fist to the median, easing his fist open to lock in mine.

"Aren't you nervous?" He blurts, glancing quickly from me to the road again. I smile at him gently.

"Not really, we get to know what our child will be. We'll get a image of what life will be like. I'm excited if anything." I say, squeezing on his hand. He nods but doesn't respond. I feel like I need to keep him talking so he doesn't build up any more tension than he already has. "What do you want the baby to be?"

He doesn't respond to it, just wheels the car into a parking spot in front of the hospital and glares forward, breathing heavy. He's frustrated, nervous I guess. The only way to calm him is what I suppose I have to do. Back when we were dating, when he was upset about something, all he really needed was a kiss.

I turn slightly and press my fingers into his jaw, turning his face to look directly at me. As soon as he does, I take up his lips in mine, attempting to ease him out of his trance.

It lasts awhile before he pulls out, a smile lingering against his lips.

"I needed that," He whispers.

"I know you did," I smirk. He just narrows his gaze on me, as if judging my body. I immediately hesitate and open the door, hurrying to escape the insecurity that comes twitching back. "C'mon, we'll be late."

The nurse greets us and enters after a few minutes, smiling warmly at both of us though I can see how nervous she is about determining our baby. She looks as if she's only 19, her hair tied up into a round bun, a deep shade of mascara brightens up her hazel eyes.

She makes smalltalk, asking about what we were hoping for. Harry finally answered the question to which he replied with "a girl" while I agreed. A boy would be sweet too, either would be a pleasure but a little girl seems like she'd brighten up our lives even more.

"Okay, so you probably already know what I'm going to do. I'm going to apply just a thin layer of this blueish goo to your stomach and rub this machine around. Just relax," She explains as I do as told, accepting Harrys' grip on my hand. I feel a kick as she rubs it around and I almost jump with giddiness. Almost like a flutter, I felt the baby kick. I've thought I've felt it before but I haven't truly felt this feeling, it must have been stomach pains. This makes me self-conciously touch where I felt the kick, my hand running into the goo.

"I felt it kick-ooh, I'm so sorry!" I gasp, my voice coming out breathily. I remove my hand and accept the rag from the nurse.

"Oh, you're fine! Was this the first kick? The baby is definitely kicking on screen," She motions towards the monitor to which Harry leans to see. He smiles as he does. He looks proud, his eyes gleaming lovingly. I've never seen him like this, so caught up in the warmth of being a father that he just looks happy. Never has he ever looked so ready to be a father.. and maybe he is, maybe I'm just the one not ready.

"Y-yes."

She grins, removing the goo and machine before walking over to her clipboard. She writes a few things down before widening her smile at us.

"Would you like to know the gender of your baby?"

It's like neither of us can respond except by excessively nodding our heads simultaniously.

"You two are going to have a baby boy in April!" She beams. My heart flutters, my gaze returning to Harry. A boy, a bouncing baby boy. It's not what either of us were originally hoping for but all of those thoughts for a girl are forgotten. He has a huge smile spreading from ear-to-ear across his face, shouting along with me in unison. My hands cover my mouth as soon as we stop and he leans in, pushing me into a squished hug.

"A boy. A boy, Taylor." He murmurs against my neck, inhaling a deep breath. It seems like all his nervousness previsit slipped away into the excitement that I was estatic about. I don't think I can stop smiling, a boy that will probably have Harrys' dimples and smile and curls and maybe even his eyes. I just want to see a miniature version of Harry, even if he looks nothing like me. My heart feels like it's about to swell too big to care for, everything just feels perfect.

Tears now spill over my cheeks as I look at the nurse who now gathers her things, "Thank you, thank you so much, Rachel."

Her eyes jerk up and a huge grin replaces her expression, "Oh, no problem. Take your time, just make your next appointment at the front. Congratulations, I'm sure he'll be quite the artist." With that she leaves the room with just Harry and our daydreams.

I never thought of that. The combination of Harrys' voice and mine would hopefully create a great singer in that. As long as he doesn't turn out like most celebrities children do. We'll have to be there for him, make sure he grows up with the right standards and morals. He won't be spoiled either, maybe Harry and I will carry up that beach house idea. A small beach house, nothing like the mansions we both own nowadays. And he will be well-raised judging by Harrys' down to earth demeanor, I can't see a scenario where he becomes just a stuck up guy.

"He's going to be a little you," I whisper, framing his face in my hands. The dimples that I pray pass down make a reappearance on his cheeks.

"Hopefully more of you. I want him to have definitely your eyes," He presses a kiss to my lips, "..and your smile.." another kiss, "..possibly your lips." another but this one longer than the others.

I let my smile lead into a laugh joining into the kiss and loop my arms around his neck, pulling him in for more than he bargains for. This baby was not a mistake, he brought us back together. He made us a family and most importantly, he brought back Harry.

"I hope he has your everything. You know, voice, personality, everything." I smile, pecking his lips once more. His laugh vibrates through the kiss. It's just the perfect moment with the perfect guy who just got the perfect news.

Just perfect.