Chapter 12:

Chapter 12

The night seems to go by at just the right pace, not too slow and not flying by. Like most dates with Harry - even our first resulted like this - we ended up staying too long at our table just talking. It was getting late, even on the small lake house restaurant, usually crowded, was now empty except the occasional busboy wiping down tables for the nights. Half the lights were off except the ones near us and I could tell our impression wasn't very great.

After we did realize our situation, we clattered up, mumbling countless "sorry for keeping you" to the lone waitress and busboy left.

As soon as we get out the door, we're back to bursting into laughter for an unknown reason. I've missed us just having fun together, I feel like a teenager again with him. Not that I'm far from it, I'm only in my twenties.

"We were about to get kicked out, I swear!" I shout between laughs. Harry bites down on his bottom lip to restrain his peaking smile. Dimples arise on both his cheeks despite his determination to keep them down.

"Nah," He gives up on holding it in and coughs out a cute little laugh.

"Oh shut up," I run playfully up against his shoulder, tucking my lips in momentarily. He barely strays from the rocky trail up to our car but lazily goes along with it before looping back to my side. He squeezes his hand around my waist as he reconnects to me, turning me to him and gently pushing me into the suburban. "I've missed this, you know."

He starts his way pushing his lips against the edge of my jawline, surprising me how good a feeling like this could feel. It's been awhile since Harry and I could freely kiss without stopping because Greyson needed milk or Greyson need changing or a snack or something! Of course he'd get his time in, he always did. Not that I'm complaining, I needed it too, I was happy yet beyond stressed.

"I've missed this too," He growls, finally meeting my lips. The kiss becomes heated quick, Harry pressing on my thighs to place me on the top of the car. My legs go around his upper torso, fisting across his curls in my hand. I finally pull apart, letting our breathing catch up to us. I curl into a smile, toying my finger around a curl.

"We probably should get out of here," I breathe. He simply nods, sweeping me back down to my feet which are now weak from his touch. I slip into the passenger seat as Harry does the same on the drivers side.

"I love you, Harry." I hear myself say. It catches him by surprise as it does to me too. I was definitely thinking but had no intention on saying it now. He turns slightly, his face completely expressionless before leaning over the median to push into a passionate quick kiss.

"Love you more."

We arrive home, more frustrated than anything that we both knew we couldn't do anything until Greyson was put to bed and Emma was gone. Emma Stone had to be one of my many best friends even though I didn't see her much. To ask her to babysit the one time she was in town was probably horrible of me but there was nobody in town that knew us well enough to babysit. She had willingly agreed because she hadn't "truly" met Greyson and was "dying" to do so.

I hear a low-pitched belt as soon as I open the door, wincing at Harry as well. Something clatters off the floor and I hear more scrambling.

"Emma!" I shout, dropping my purse on the stair to slide into the kitchen. The scene is nothing short of destruction, so different from the angel Harry and I have seen. Emma tries to balance a handful of bowls and a box of Cheerios all while trying to wipe Greysons' slobbered mouth. He brightens up at the sight of us, clapping his little hands after a moment of placing who we are. Emma just exhales a breath that it seems like she's been holding for a while.

"Girl," I laugh, hurrying up to her and taking the bowls while Harry, who hides his laugh behind his hand, begins to clean up Greysons' mess. She sighs, finally letting out a breathy laugh. She was nothing like the Emma I knew, the one dressed up in sparkly clothes is exchanged for the one in a high bun and no makeup. Milk stains her shirt which I quickly make a note to pay for.

"Did I mention I'm not great with kids?"

I laugh, glancing to Harry who looks thoroughly more disappointed of the delay that threw off the mood significantly than cleaning up Greyson.

"Okay, you can go home and get washed up, I am not letting you clean this up after putting you on baby duty."

"N-no, it was fun-really." She wrings the bottom of her shirt out, a smirk finding its way across her face. "Are you sure you don't need help?"

I could tell she really wanted to go, "Of course, he's our baby. I'm really sorry about that, Em. I'll call you so we can have lunch soon, alright?"

"Definitely. Okay, well, I'll see you guys later!" She says, already into the hallway. A second later I hear the door close and her engine start. And there goes the very first attempt of a out-of-the-family babysitter.

Awhile goes by before Harry returns to where I finish up wiping up the counter.

"Okay, Grey dropped asleep as soon as he hit the pillow and everything is cleaned up," He breathes, pulling me tightly into his chest. He immediately presses his lips into mine rhymatically.
"Now you're all.. to... my.. self.." He presses kisses in between words. That was almost like an instant lure to tempt me in and he knew it. I was putty after that.