Chapter 7 - More Than One?

CLARK
6 weeks later (12 weeks pregnant)

Clark opened his eyes with a yawn and smiled as he saw Bruce's sleeping form laying beside him.

He stood from the bed and walked into the bathroom with a hand on his bump as he yawned.

He brushed his teeth quickly before looking into the mirror. He turned to the side and smiled at his growing belly.

He smiled so wide it looked like his face could snap in half

He smiled so wide it looked like his face could snap in half. That was his and Bruce's little miracle.

He smiled widely when he remembered that they had an ultrasound that day and ran into their shared bedroom. He shook his shoulders and grinned.

"Get up! We have another ultrasound today!" Clark cheered as Bruce groggily sat up in the bed.

"Can't wait to see them," Bruce grinned and kissed Clark's protruding baby bump. "They've gotten so big already,"

"I know," Clark grinned as he placed his hand on his bump lovingly. "Do you think there could be more than one?"

"It's always a possibility," Bruce grinned. Clark hummed and rubbed his bump with a smile.

"We better get going before we're late," Clark stated and grabbed Bruce's hand to get him out of bed. He squeaked as Bruce pulled him onto the bed.

"I just wanna lay in bed all day and cuddle!" Bruce whined childishly. "We can talk with peanut and have family time,"

"We gotta go," Clark giggled and wiggled from Bruce's grip. He stood and walked towards Bruce's closet.

He opened it and smiled as he grabbed a plastic covered dress and turned to Bruce.

"Who's is this?" He smiled slightly as he pressed it in his torso and twirled in a small circle.

"It-it was my...mothers," Bruce smiled sadly.

"O-oh," Clark frowned. "I-I'm sorry," he shook his head and went to put it back.

"It's fine," Bruce walked over and grabbed Clark's arm lightly. "I bet you'd look beautiful in it," he smiled.

"You really think so?" Clark blushed as he held the dress to his body again.

"Absolutely stunning," Bruce told him with a smile. Clark sniffled and hugged Bruce tightly, his bump almost stopping him from doing so.

"I love you," Clark cried into his shoulder.

"I love you too, princess," Bruce chuckled and hugged back.

They pulled apart and Clark wiped his eyes with his hand.

"Why don't we get ready to go see our peanut?" Bruce smiled. Clark nodded happily and the two grabbed clothes to change into before leaving the house to get to the DEO.