thirteen; bond

"And when these walls don't feel like home, remember that you're not alone." - We The Kings, "Just Keep Breathing"

Paige's POV

"So, Giles, what do you do for fun?" I asked, as we exited the front doors of Sunnydale High, a few minutes after the last bell rang.

He answered after we started walking down the sidewalk to his car.

"Fun? Well, I read quite a lot, research,-"

"Boooringgggg." "You really don't have any friends, do you?"

He glared at me, putting his hands in his pockets.

I sighed. "Sorry. I just- we all have so much fun in my universe. I wish you could see."

His face softened.

We stopped in the middle of the sidewalk. He put his hand on my shoulder, gripping it firmly, and turned me so I was looking directly at me.

"I'm going to get you back, Paige. Don't you think for a minute that I won't."

I smiled, leaned forward, and hugged him. I think he was kind of surprised, but nevertheless; he hugged me back.

"Thanks."

I started to walk backwards. "C'mon, let's go find someplace fun!" I gasped suddenly as an idea popped into my head and a smile crept upon my face. "Let's go to The Bronze!

"What?"

"The Bronze? It's a club. You know, where all the teenagers go! The Gang used to go there all the time when they were younger -" I paused, my smiling fading, "Of course, you wouldn't know that. Plus I don't think you ever went that in your life." I pointed out.

"Paige-" he started.

"I know, I know, I'm -"

It was then that I collided into someone. I turned around. There was a women, frantically picking up papers and books. My eyes widened and I immediately leaned down to help.

"I'm so sorry." She said quickly. Her voice sounded familiar...

"No, I'm so sorry. It was my fault." I bent down and helped her pick up her things.

It was when we both stood up, and she pushed her red hair out out her face, that I realized who it was.

I gasped.

"Willow?" I whispered, in kind of a gleeful-ah type-thing.

She looked at me.

"Willow!!" I yelled, grinning widely, and then through my arms around her.

Her eyes widened a little in surprise, but she immediately hugged me back. Knowing Willow, she was smiling too.

In this process, I knocked some papers and a book out of her arms.

We broke the hug.

I smiled sheepishly. "Oops. Sorry...again."

This time it was Willow's turn to laugh.