fourteen; vision girl

"But no, take me home, take me home where I belong, I can't take it anymore. But No, take me home, take me home where I belong, I got no other place to go." - AURORA, "Runaway"

Paige's POV

"Paige?"

I was standing on my doorstep, in front of my front door, turning around when I heard a voice echo.

There was no one there, So I opened the door and went inside. But the room before me was empty.

"Paige?" The voice called again.

"Paige, come on, where are you?"

I gasped. "Esme?"

I ran upstairs, I ran downstairs. I checked every room in the house, trying to the locate where Esme's voice was coming from.

It was when ran into the kitchen, which I went into last, that I found her.

As I ran into the next room, I discovered that my whole family, including Angel investigations, stood before me.

My eyes lit up at the sight of them, smiling as I ran to greet.

"Mom! Lily! Esme! Willow! Tara! Xander! Anya!"

I turned to the Fang Gang, (something Lily, Esme, and I had dubbed them in second grade), "And you guys! I missed you all so much!!!" I exclaimed, while at the same time engulfing each and every single person in the room in a tight hug until there no one was left to give affection to.

"Missed us? What do you mean?" Lily smiled a confused smile, tilting her head.

"Oh, right. You don't know what happened. Well, -"

"Oh, we know exactly what happened." Mom said, arms crossed and smiling.

"Y-you do?" My smile faltered.

"Yeah."

"But how-"

All of the sudden, Faith stepped forward, grabbing a handful of my shirt; bringing my face a few inches away from hers.

"Listen up blondie, it's your fault we're like this! I can't believe B hasn't already kicked your ass for what you did!"

"W-what are you talking about?" I asked. I was scared. Really scared. Faith was usually pretty nice to me. She even told me once, "Ya know, I actually like you, P." I was just happy to see my family, What had I done wrong?

"You know exactly what I'm talking about!" She pushed me away, causing me to stumble backwards and fall.

I felt my anger and hurt start to bubble up inside me, and the fear that was inside me starting to fade.

"No, actually, I Don't."

"See!" Anya spoke, "This attitude is what got you going in the first place! Maybe if you were a better person we wouldn't have these sad excuses of lives!"

I let out a frustrated sigh. "Look, you guys, I don't know what is going on here, but can't we all be nice to each other?" I pleaded.

Willow laughed coldly. "Says the girl who yelled at Xander and I."

"Says the girl who pretty much called my daughter an idiot." Xander added.

"Says the girl who yelled at her own mother." Mom said.

Guilt was slowly being added to the whirlwind of emotions already inside me.

"I'm sorry," my voice cracked, "I'm so sorry."