seventeen; black and white

"So how can I ever try to be better? Nobody ever lets me in, I can still see you, this ain't the best view, On the outside looking in, I've been a lot of lonely places, I've never been on the outside. " - Taylor Swift, "The Outside"

A/N: Who's ready for a PLOT TWIST?!

Paige's POV

I really couldn't take much more of this.

It was the wee hours of the morning, when the sun was just beginning to come up, and I couldn't fall back asleep, so instead I lay in bed, pondering my situation.

I checked the calendar that was next to me, and started to count all the days had passed. I remember moving my fingers from one number and then onto another, as if they were seemingly endless.

"Twenty-nine days." I whispered.

I has not seen anyone I knew, truly knew, for exactly twenty-nine days. That's almost an entire month. While most of the time I was trying to get interviews, connect with people, and find ways to get home; there had been days, even a whole week, where we hadn't done anything at all. At least, not anything productive. Still, that was time spent somewhere other than I wanted to be. But then, I did kind of want to be here, because these people were my family too, just different versions, and I was starting to get attached to them.

I flopped back down on the bed in defeat.

I missed goofing off with Lily and Esme. I missed seeing Willow and Tara kiss each other randomly. I missed having late night talks with Mom. I missed listening to the adults' stories. I missed the stupid nicknames. I missed my family.

And yet, most of them where right there with me.

At least, a part of them was.

-

"Giles, if I'm like this now, then how the heck am I gonna survive college?!"

Giles, who I had later been explaining my predicament to, chuckled.

I glared at him. "Paige, your situation here is a little bit different than it will be when you go to college."

"Whatever. The point is, I'm starting to lose it Giles. I need to go home."

He sighed and put his hand on my shoulder. "I know Paige, I know."

I walked over to the door, putting my jacket on.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm gonna take a walk, I need to clear my head."

He just nodded.

Oh, and by the way, when someone says, "I'm gonna take a walk, I need to clear my head," you know something's bound to happen.

Just sayin'.

-

You've probably heard of the butterfly effect, right?

Well, in case you haven't, let me explain what it means, because it has to do with situation I'm about to be in.

It's basically the idea that a butterfly flapping its wings on the entire other side of the world can cause a storm. In others words, one little change can have a big effect; like the fight leading up to the wish.