Chapter 10

I woke up with the sun shining on my face from my window. I groaned and pulled my pillow over my head trying to get the sunlight to go away. I wasn't in the mood to wake up. I was still devastated by the fact that my best friend is leaving soon, but I decided not to dwell on it and spend as much time with her as possible.

But laying with a pillow on your head isn't very comfortable, so I sat up and checked my phone. I looked at the time and it was 10:30 am. I was scrolling through twitter when I got a text from Aaron. Oh yeah, our dates tonight. 

Text conversation (A- Aaron L-  Layla)

A- Hey Layla, we still on for that date tonight?

L- Yeah, of course

A- Great I'll pick you up at 7?

L-  Sounds good, where are we going though?

A- That's a surprise ;) 

L- Okay, what should I wear though? Fancy or nah?

A- Fancy, but not too fancy.

L- Alright, see you tonight 

A- See you then 

*End of conversation*

I turned off my phone and decided to go downstairs to make some breakfast. I rolled out of my bed, slipped my slippers on and went downstairs. 

I looked through the cupboards for something to eat and decided to just make some lucky charms. I poured the cereal into a bowl, added some milk and sat on the couch with my phone next to me.

I finished eating, but stayed sitting on the couch watching TV until about noon. I decided to should take a shower and find an outfit for tonight.  I walked into my bathroom and turned on the hot water. I'm one of those people who shower in scorching hot water. When, I get out, I'm usually red, but it relaxes me so... I don't really care.

I hopped in the shower and let the hot water hit my skin. I washed my body multiple times so I would smell fabulous for my date. I mean, I want tonight to be perfect. I've had a crush on Aaron for years, and we are finally going on a date, could you blame me for wanting it to go good? 

After washing my body and my hair, and shaving. I just sat in the back of the tub, the water hitting me. I did this a lot, I'm not sure why I do, but I do. I just think, it's relaxing.  I leaned my head up against the wall and found myself thinking about me and Aaron in 7th grade, before Sophia tried to ruin my life.

*Flashback*

"Aaron, where are you taking me?" I giggled as Aaron held my hand, leading me through the woods that were behind his house.

"It's a surprise Lay, but we're almost there so calm down." He laughed. I shook my head and laughed with him. I let him lead me through the trees until he finally stopped.

"We're here Lay." I looked around in awe. There was a cute little pond with fish swimming around in it. Next to the pond was a big tree house. "Wow, Aaron, this is beautiful." I said, spinning around taking in my surroundings. "Come on, I have more to show you." Aaron told me, walking up to the tree house, and climbing the ladder.

I followed him up the ladder into the huge tree house. When I got up, there were 2 bean bag chairs with some bowls of M&M's, chips, and board games stacked up. I felt my self smiling and I looked over at Aaron who was opening up Disney Monopoly. "Why'd you bring me here , A?" 

I was the only person who he let call him A. I'm not sure  why, but I liked it, it made me feel special and important. I've been calling him A for years.