A Football Family

Chapter One

August 10

I woke up and saw the sun peeking through the hotel rooms curtains. I grabbed my phone to check the time, Good its 6:30, any later and I wouldn't have had time to get ready. We had just played a normal preseason game and it was Monday morning, time to go back to New England.

We were in Philadelphia, and in my opinion it was one of the worst cities to travel to, but my dad enjoyed it. My dad, Bill Belichick, is the New England Patriots head coach and he is just about the coolest dad ever. And I am not saying that just because I get to stand on the sidelines at every Patriots game but my dad is pretty chill. He always brings me to my softball practices and comes to every single game. He plays yahtzee with me every Wednesday night and we get pizza every Friday so, he is just like a normal dad. Except he isn't because he is rich and is the head coach of in my opinion the best football team ever!

Well I should probably shut up about my life and just tell you why I am writing, well since my parents are divorced and I live with my dad, I have no mother figure. So rather than my dad making me talk about all that awkward stuff like my period and stuff I should just write it here. So I did because I mean talking about that to a guy even if it is my dad is just weird!

So after I woke up I took a long warm shower. Then, I got dressed in my normal traveling outfit, skinny jeans, a patriots T-shirt and flip flops. I french braided my hair and checked my phone, two new messages.

From: Taylor
R u traveling again cuz u haven't answered any of my texts and i got no clue when football season starts

Now that I think about it, Taylor did send me like 15 texts yesterday and I didn't answer any of them because we had a game. I quickly typed a resp once because even though she is my best friend I didn't feel like texting.

Yeah. Sry i didn't answer ur texts but u know me, i only use my phone to check stats on sundays

The next text was from my dad.

From Dad:
Remember our flight is at 11:00 tomorrow so u don't have to be up bright and early. Love you!

Now that I thought about it I should seriously rethink my "no phone on Sunday unless I am checking stats" rule because it is only 7:30 and I am already to go, normally our flights leave at 9:00.

With that I slouched right back down on my bed and went on instagram. Just about all of my friends were at some exotic island and had a new picture up. Taylor was the exception, her new post was a selfie. She always took selfies when she had nothing to post, I mean that girl is a posting freak! I post like one picture a week, normally on Sundays.

Its amazing how quick time goes before I knew it was 10:00 and I had to go meet my dad and the rest of the players in the lobby. In the elevator I bumped into Julian Edelman, he let's me call him "J". Its only because he calls me "K" but its nice that he actually talks to me, some people don't even remember my name! As I walked out of the elevator I bumped right into Tom Brady. "Woman there Kait. Better watch where you're going, don't want to bump into Vince he will tickle you to death." Tom Beady and Vince Wilfork were two of my good friends I called them Tom and Vince and they called me Kait. So, we were pretty close, I guess that comes with having known them my whole life, or as long as I can remember. This is Vince's eleventh season and Tom's fourteenth and I am only fourteen so I have known them a while. Vince still insists on tickling me like I am still seven though.

I took Tom's advice and congratulated him on a good game. I walked over to my dad and he gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Hey, listen Kaitlyn..." he started, and I knew what this meant. He never used my real name unless he was going to tell me something I wasn't ready for. I inhaled really slowly.
"What?" I said slowly.