Kaitlyns Misfortune

Chapter 2

August 10(still)

"I don't know how to say this, but your not going to be coming home with me to New England," he said in a flat depressed tone.

"Wha-wha-what?" I couldn't process what had just happened.

"Your mother has demanded that she get you the second week of each month. I couldn't fight it you have to go with her," he lowered his voice then continued,"Kit-Kat I love you, you can do this just remember I love you."

"A week a month with her during football season!? That's a sin!"

"I thought you would say something like that. Just remember some people need persuasion to realize what they really don't want," he kissed me on the forehead right as a car pulled up and the driver got out.

"Kaitlyn Belichick," a man said.

I looked at my dad one more time and he gave me a reassuring nod. I signaled for him to call me and reluctantly got into the car.

I stared out the window for the six hour car ride. Yeah! Six hours is that ridiculous or what! Six hours in a car! I wish I was on the flight to New England is all I thought the whole time.

When I finally got to Sarah's apartment in New York City, she immediately hugged me, I just denied it and she shrugged saying, "By the end of this week you will be dying for my hugs". Yeah sure, I thought.

I went right to the bedroom Sarah told me was mine. She offered to help me unpack and I told her, no thanks because it would only tale a minute. Little did she know I locked the door right when I got in there, sat on the floor and turned on my phone. 21 new text messages it read. 7 from dad, 2 from J, 4 from Tom, 3 from Vince, 5 from Taylor. Oh boy I thought to myself.

I quickly answered Taylors because they were just random gossip. Then I opened the first one from J, Tom, and Vince. They all said the same thing:

Hey! Where were you on the plane? Couldn't find you

I didn't know what to say or if I should tell them where I actually was, so I didn't respond. I looked at the messages from my dad.

Hey Kaitlyn, I just want you to know that none of this was my idea, but when your mom and I got divorced she said that she didn't want to have custody of you but the paperwork says that if she wanted custody of you it had to be granted otherwise it could turn into a lawsuit.

XOXO,

Dad

It seemed fair enough to me except that I got no say in it!

Kit-Kat don't forget what I told you, some people need persuasion to find out what they really don't want:)

Okay, okay. What is he talking about!?!? I am going to die if I don't figure out what that means. Why can't you just tell me dad?

We just landed so call me in like an hour or so I should be home by then

XOXO

Really Dad? You landed in New England 4 hours ago! A one hour plane ride and I was stuck in that stupid car for six hours! Wouldn't Sarah have the money to at least let me fly? I mean the apartment I am sitting in right now is at least 5 million bucks!

Oh yeah if any of the guys text you please don't respond for now I don't want them to think something is going on when nothing is

Love you lots,

Dad

Good thing I didn't respond. But should I open the other texts from them?

Please call Kit-Kat I miss you a ton!

Short and simple good it doesn't make me think!

Kit-Kat are you mad at me for making you stay with Sarah because I had no choice!

Uh Dad, of course I am not mad at you you're like the coolest dad ever! I am mad at this little beast that I am stuck with for the next week!!!!

Sweetie please call me I need to talk to you!

XOXO,

Dad

Okay, all I want to do is call you but I am stuck with this witch in New York City (Bluhhh)!!!! All I want to do is call you dad but I have a feeling that a certain witch is probably peeping through the key hole!

"Kaitlyn what's taking so long?" she called in a sing song voice.

"Oh nothing, be there in a sec!" I tried to say as dull as possible, I haven't even been here for and hour and I am already going to die! Did I mention everything in the room I am staying in is PINK!!!!!! I quickly typed a response to my Dad.

Luv ya 2! Miss u tons! No i am not mad at u! i will call u once the evil witch let's me free!

XOXO,

Kit-Kat

I dropped my phone on the bed and walked into the kitchen with a scowl on my face. Sarah was pleasantly humming the song "Blurred Lines" to herself. She looked up with a confused expression "What's wrong?" What's wrong are you kidding me!? Everything is wrong you are about to ruin my life you little jerk and you ask what's wrong! JERK!

Before I exploded I just turned around and speed walked to the room I was staying in. I locked the door grabbed my phone and went into the closet and dialed my days number I was going to blow! I counted one ring, two rings, three rings, four rings, five rings, six rings, seven rings, I was loosing hope as it got to the eighth ring, nine, ten... voicemail. What didn't he pick up? Maybe he really doesn't care? Maybe he is out partying? WAIT! I am such an idiot! He is at he office in Gillette! duh! He has the one office that doesn't get cell service so you have to call the landline! I am such a dumb butt!

I dialed the number and he pucked up on the first ring. Thank God!

"Hey Kit-Kat!" he said

"Oh my god! You need to help me! I am going to did with this witch!" I practically screamed through the phone, good thing I was in the closet otherwise Sarah would have heard.

"Its ok baby you got this. Sydney, Mathew, and Tim all spend the whole montg with her," he said in a calm reassuring voice.

"Yeah but why I'd it that the one week I am here they arent here!"

"Kait its the summer they are out Sydney texted me saying she was going to meet you on Broadway with her friends on Wednesday"

"And...?"

"Kait just remember what I said? Some people need persuasion to find out what they really don't want..." he said this really slow and sternly.

"yeah" I said and with that the call timed out.