Football Time

Chapter five

August 12

To Sydney:

i need 2 talk 2 u really soon can u come for sundays game @ gillette?

Ever since my conversation with my dad last night I was thinking about what I would say to Sydney. Apparently it was a waste of time though because that is the text I sent.

The day went usually. I went to practice with my dad and talked to the guys beforehand. I then went to the bench to watch because I only got to participate on Tuesdays, so I found myself checking my phone a lot hoping for a text from Sydney. I also drew up some plays when I felt eyes looking over my shoulder. "Not bad." I looked up to see Tom analyzing the play. He always did that even if it was horrible.

"It really isn't I was just fiddling around to find some options," I said truthfully.

"No it really is good you should show that to your dad." He seemed pretty serious so I took a mental note to show it to him.

"Shouldn't you be practicing?" I asked very seriously, I was not allowed to distract the players from practice, no matter who it was.

"Nope, Mallots in we are training him up cuz I probably only have a few more years." He said this really nonchalantly which made me wonder if he was actually thinking of retiring because he is only thirty-six!

"You realize you have at least four more years right!?" I blurted out accidentally.

"Yeah but you never know. Anyway your dad was wondering if you wanted to come over to my house tonight?"

My dad had said that he wanted me out of the house, on a Wednesday!? This could only mean one thing, he was planning something. My heart started to race, was this good or bad? I thought back to last night, uh-oh!