Kaitlyn gets Lucky

Chapter four

"You are going to buy the little brat a plane ticket straight to New England and she is going to stay there! Forget the one week a month thing just get her away from me!!!!" Sarah said this with so much rage the furniture shook. I jumped up and ran into my room I packed up the few things I actually took out of my bag and ran for the door. I took a cab straight to the airport and got on the next flight to New England. Even though I paid for it with Sarah's credit card.

I ran off the plane and headed straight to the place I always met dad sure enough he was right there. I leaped up to hug him and then we headed to the car. It was only ten o'clock so I practically jumped for joy when my dad said I wouldn't miss softball practice. My dad drove straight to Gillette stadium and said we were going to practice. Apparently he told Tom and Vince about what happened and they were running practice.

Together we hopped out of the car and ran onto the field. J greeted me with a hug and Tom picked me up and hugged me. Vince just tickled me. I was happy to see how much they missed me. Since it was Tuesday I got to practice with them, we always do that on Tuesdays. After practice, I hopped in my dads car and we headed to Toms house. That's another thing. We always have "family" dinners on Wednesdays. This "family" is me, my dad, Tom, Vince, J, and Rob with there families. We always rotated houses and this week it was Toms house. It was always fun going to Toms house in the summer because I got to go in their massive pool. It was so much bigger than mine and it was really fun, plus Giselle cooks really well.

So today went normally for a change, at 4:00 we all arrived at Toms and sat in the living room making plays and talking football. At 5:30 we ate dinner in the dinning room and at 6:15 we had dessert. I left for softball with my dad at 6:45 because practice started at 7:00.

Everything was normal at softball I warmed up with Taylor and then we did our normal drills. and ended with a three on three on three scrimmage. My dad picked me and Taylor up at 8:15. We dropped Taylor off at her house then headed for home. "Do you know how much I missed you these past few days?"

"No, I thought you wanted a break from me," I said quietly, I was ashamed to admit that.

"Well, just remember I love you and if we have anymore issues with that witch always remember that I wish you were with me."

I left it silent letting that soak in. My dad really did love me. Then, another question came to mind. "Why do I hate Sarah and never talk to her, and Sydney hates you and never talks to you?"

My dad let out a little laugh, "No, no sweetie I love Sydney and Sydney loves me to. But to keep you from Sarah she has to stay with Sarah."

"Wait what?" I was truly confused what was he talking about?

"Well you don't know this but you are the reason your mom and I got a divorce. When you were born Sarah had trouble losing the weight she put on, and she blamed it on you. So, Sarah left you with me a week before your first birthday and took Sydney with her. As Sydney got older she started to text me and tell me about how awful Sarah was treating her. That's why from when you were four until twelve Sydney spent summers with us.But, if Sydney was to spend anymore time with us you would have to spend time with Sarah. So every year she would return to New York. But now she is 20 and is totally free of Sarah but she is in college in California and that keeps her tied up."

When he finished speaking there was a really long silence. If this was all true I needed to talk to Sydney. After a while of soaking this in we pulled up at our house. We got out of the car and I gave my dad a really long hug. I said to him "I love you."

He replied really quickly,"you don't need to tell me that, I have always known that."