{0}-How it all started

Alison Dilaurentis. That one typical girl in school, the one that's everything. Pretty. Smart. Popular. Good. Evil. Girl's like Alison don't have a category, they fit everywhere and anywhere. If they fancy sitting at the dork table for that one lunch it's no longer the dork table. For that lunch its the up to the minute, approved table that everybody crowds around hoping that Alison would as little to just look them in the eye. It's how systems like cliques works, wherever the popular are that's where it's at. What's it? Nobody knows but everybody's willing to find out.

Alison was known for being popular, it was something in her blood that made her that way. Everybody knew about Alison Dilaurentis, she was gorgeous, attention-seeking and sociable. Whenever there was a party, she was there. Whenever somebody needed a shoulder to cry on, she was there. When you felt like there was nobody else to turn to, she was there. She was like a creepy doll in a vintage store window, always watching.

She had her friends sure but her true posse wasn't formed until her first proper year at Rosewood Day, her mom signed her up for some charity drive. She obviously didn't agree. I mean it was being hosted on a Friday night, one of the biggest nights for social gatherings, why would she choose to attend some lame event to help the less fortunate instead of partying it up with college guys at their apartments? She persisted and persisted but eventually get bored and gave in to her mother's rants about helping out.

Alison got there expecting it to be full of nerds and geeks who were obsessive over things like hugging trees or donating organs to charitable websites. Instead, she met four of the most amazing people she would ever meet, Spencer, Aria, Emily, and Hanna. All apart from Spencer had been signed up by their parents as well, each parent convinced that if their children were seen at a charitable event they would gain a good reputation in Rosewood.

Whether or not Alison had ever heard of these four girls before was a mystery, but they had definitely known of Alison. Each day they watched Alison strut down the main hallway before turning into her homeroom, each watching from their individual lockers mesmerized by the beauty and popularity that was Alison Dilaurentis. Whether Alison knew them or not or it was easy to tell by their appearance the sort of people they were. Spencer wore a collar and carried a bag filled to the brim with textbooks and papers, she was obviously a sharp, smart sort of girl. Aria wore the weirdest combination of outfits, her appearance was complicated but the pink stripes in her hair told a story of uniqueness and individuality about her, Aria was obviously compassionate. Emily wore her Rosewood Sharks jersey along with the matching baseball cap, Alison had never seen anyone so loyal to a team. Hanna wore a run down posh top that was quite obviously her mothers along with a quite obviously second-hand skirt, very admiring to do so.

The five spent their night bonding, they talked and talked for the hours of the charity event until the doors of Rosewood Day were shutting. The five exchanged numbers, the four Alison had plucked from the ground expecting no more than a mass invite or some stupid piece of chainmail but the event's that followed were shocking. Each day at school Alison once again plucked them from the crowd until it was a normality. The five were soon inseparable, the best of friends, and that's where our story starts.

Imagine its sophomore year all over again, lying on sunbeds in your best friends extravagant backyard surrounded by her mom's award-winning flower collection. Everything is perfect, the grass is as green as green can be, the sun is letting go beautiful beams of bright, blazing light, hanging with the four girls you have stuck through everything with. For Aria Montgomery that just happened to be her reality. Lying on a sunbed in her rich best friend, Spencer Hastings backyard. Surrounded by Veronica Hastings award winning Lillies and Peonies. Hanging with Spencer, Emily, Hanna and Alison, her best friends since freshman year. "Delicious!" She smiles flopping onto the ground and taking a gigantic sniff of that fresh grass scent. "Are you seriously smelling the grass Aria?" Emily giggled watching as her quirky best friend rolled around on the lawn smiling like a madman. Alison glared at Aria and rolled her eyes, "seriously Aria?" She muttered looking at Aria like she was a puppy slobbering all over the grass as if it was a tasty lunchtime snack. "Just having a little summer fun Ali!" Aria rolled over onto her front and smiled at Alison. Spencer and Hanna came bursting out of Spencer's manor house holding trays full of refreshing juices with straws and petite umbrellas.