{1}-The New In Ali's Old Room

"Somebody finally purchased the Dilaurentis property," Pam fields said making conversation with her daughter at the breakfast table. Emily felt the cereal she was eating dry in her mouth making her instantly feel unwell. The Dilaurentis' have been trying to sell that house for years, they were sick of people coming over uninvited to discuss their daughter's disappearance like it was the latest news. Not only that but Alison was a very memorable person even the smallest of things could spring a memory of her, it wasn't just her family that wanted to get away from that, everyone did.

Emily kept getting memories or vivid daydreams of Alison everywhere she went, shops, gardens, even little cafes that Alison used to love. At first, she thought Alison was doing it to her as a sign of her being ok but the longer it went on the more Emily thought she was going insane. She went into her local corner shop with her swim team a week after Alison went missing, they had just gone through their first meet and they were all buying celebratory snacks. At first, Emily drifted towards the bakery section, admiring the array of hand baked delights. She saw a vanilla swirl cupcake covered in baby pink icing with a wafer daisy, it instantly reminded her of Alison. Alison would have devoured the cake in seconds and then bragged about it for hours. She didn't snap out of the memory until Paige McCullers violently shook her back to sanity.She made some sort of excuse before seeing a blonde leave the shop, she didn't see the face but she just had that gut feeling that it was Alison Dilaurentis.

"I heard they had a daughter your age," her mother said snapping Emily out of her daydreams and back to reality. Emily just nodded trying to avoid going further with the conversation. "Could you to pop a basket round?" Pam Fields asked gesturing to one of her signature welcome to the neighborhood baskets on the kitchen side. It was filled to the brim with homemade jams and cakes. Since Emily's mom had retired from her teaching job at Rosewood day, she had become to unofficial Rosewood Welcome Wagon lady. Everyone new and old had received some gift from the Fields family, her mom thought it was good will, Emily thought it was just a waste of time. "Mum.. please. no.." Emily stuttered sucking nervously on her sleeve. She didn't want to go back to Ali's old house, she couldn't handle it. She almost went into instant-cry just driving past it. "Come on Emmy, you have to go back to that part of town someday. If it upsets you too much I can always drop it round tomorrow after work but I thought you'd want to meet the new girl before school starts," Her mom said twiddling with a strand of Emily's chlorine damaged hair. Emily thought for a moment before agreeing to pop around the basket. She knew it was weird being a teenager and all but if Emily's mother asked her to do something she would try her best to be obedient. She hated lying to her mother, especially after separating from the girls. After their friendship ended it was almost like lying had no purpose.

Deep, deep down Emily wanted an excuse to revisit Alison's old house. She missed that part of Rosewood, the richest part where people like the Hastings would socialize with their country club friends at the higher end restaurants and cafes. Alison's family wasn't filthy rich like Spencer's but her dad did own a quite successful company, they owned a country themed old victorian house that situated quite nicely in the center of a small estate of similar houses. The girls used to spend a lot of time around Alison's, her bedroom was second biggest (to Spencer's obviously) and her garden had lots of secret areas.     At the end of the garden was a path that would lead you directly to the great woodlands, that was how Alison snuck out, via the path.

Emily grabbed the wicker basket off the side and chucked on her old Rosewood Sharks letterman jacket before grabbing the key's to her mom's car and making her way to Alison's old home. She admired the old victorian property whilst parking up on the roadside, she noticed the two removal vans parked outside and a pile of boxes with a tall sign saying Free! holstered in between them. As she left the car she noticed some of the boxes belonged to the Dilaurentis family, mostly Alison's stuff that her family probably didn't want to take with them. She examined one box to find an old swimming medal of Ali's. Alison wasn't exactly a known swimmer like Emily but did few competitions Freshman year, she eventually got bored of it, like everything else. Emily grabbed the medal and stared at it for a prolonged moment, it glistened in the sun as she held it up. She remembered how pleased everyone in Alison's family was when she had won it, how even her brother who was always locked away in his bedroom came to watch her swim. She remembered the hug her dad gave her after she had won, maybe that's one of the reason's Emily started swimming, the hope that one day her dad would hug her like that after a race.