{3}-Lying and Stealing Are Next Door Neighbours

"How does this look?" Hanna Marin's best friend Mona Vanderwaal asked pinning a red dress to her flat-as-a-pancake stomach. The two had become besties ever since Alison went missing, they went through a major makeover, changing their hairstyles, losing weight rapidly, burning their old clothes and buying the best ones they could get. They did everything perfectly so they could rule the halls now that Alison was gone.

Hanna had always felt crappy next to Alison, she recalled all the times she had just been looked past next to Alison. No one cared about Hanna when Alison was in the picture, she was the perfect supermodel best friend whilst Hanna was the ugly pig in the corner. Of course, all that changed quickly, Mona helped Hanna with her confidence, soon the two of them were sipping red wine at the top parties, hanging with girls and guys way older with them. They were finally the top of the pyramid.

"Great!" Hanna exclaimed smiling with her perfect pearly white teeth. It had been a year since Alison had been missing, Hanna couldn't lie to herself completely and cry about how much she missed her but she also couldn't sit around moping. This new Hanna would much rather go shopping than sit around binging on tv shows that ended forever ago and eating a fat bag of chips.

"Did you hear, Jenny Benson is apparently pregnant," Mona exclaimed with a smirk. Mona always got the hot gossip ages before anyone else, she was a super spy when it came down to that sort of stuff. Even though this was probably another lie Mona had come up with during a boring session of Calculus that didn't make it all the less interesting.

"How?!" Hanna laughed, she liked to hear Mona's stories, even if they were 100% false. Mona had a way of making something seem totally believable. "She's doing it with some college dude," She giggled coming out of the changing room with the red dress on, it was tight around her skinny waist and her plump breasts.

Hanna had always been slightly envious of Mona, she always suited whatever she was wearing whereas Hanna had to wear certain colors and styles to actually look good. There was also the fact that Mona had long black hair that curled perfectly and Hanna had blonde curls that would never do as they were told. Mona made it so she looked effortlessly perfect but Hanna had to put in so much effort every day just to be able to get on Mona's level.

"Let's go jewelry shopping shall we!" Mona exclaimed tapping the edge of her nose, in the time it took Hanna to go to a real unhappy place Mona had already gotten changed into her usual clothes, complained to the sales worker and paid for the rest of her stuff. "Let's go!" Hanna nodded with a small smile, she had never really thought of being second best to Mona. Then again Mona wasn't like competition or anything, Hanna already had everything, she didn't need to win anymore.

The arrived at the jewelry shop whilst it was busy, this was great, they couldn't get caught when it was like this. They spent their time looking around, admiring the array of expensive items locked tightly inside a glass case. "Excuse me? Can I please have a look at those earrings!" Hanna exclaimed faking her bubbling excitement, she spent her time listening to the lady groan about the product until a group of girls came up behind her and started to point to things in the cabinet. When she excused herself Hanna slipped the earrings into my pocket, luckily the women had gone out back before she noticed Hanna was still holding them.

She then glanced over to Mona who was doing the same thing but with this beautiful charm bracelet, it was taking her longer than usual, this was not a good sign. The longer Hanna was in here the more likely it was she would get caught. She scanned the room for security cameras, they were around put none of them were pointing directly at Hanna. Plus every thief knew this store didn't have a security booth and that the scanners were dodgy, that's why Mona had chosen this place. It was easy.