1 : Introducing Insecurities

I tried giving her many hand signs, praying for all the gods, yes you heard it right...THE GODS, to let her understand my wish. I don't want them in house. My instincts alerting at me to stop her from doing any folly she would later on regret doing.

I never want Khushi to repent anything she does. I don't like taking decisions in the nick of time, in a hurry, without a thought. That will create a mess later. And I don't want Khushi to be a part of any mess she herself created.

But, pray tell me, why will she listen to my words? Now if I do think back, when did she ever listen to my words, least of all the warnings? I actually love it when she backfires my words. But not now...

'I like the way you are Khushi!'

My words, back on the day when we went to the date on her insistence hit me with a pang making me guilty. How ironic, now I want her to listen to me when the same me had been saying, indirectly, that I like her standing against me? But I felt that I have a reasonable thought to stop her from doing what she is about to do now.

"Arnav-Ji, say something?" Khushi's constant nudge brought me back to this world. Its not hard to understand that she's asking me to tell Sheetal to stay at our house. But how can I?

"Yeah, Khushi's right." I conceded still unable to do anything. I trust my gut at the same time I cannot upset Khushi. I know how much mehmaan nawazi (Hospitality) is important for her. And also it isn't like I can say on her face to not come to our house. What will I say the reason for? As much as everyone finds it difficult to believe, I too have some basic manners in me.

"Okay." I heard Sheetal agree feeding more to my suspicions. And I still question, on what suspicions? I am unable to point out the wrong in this. At the same time I so don't feel any good intention from her side.

"Mamma, who's this uncle?" I heard the kid beside her ask, turning everyone's attention to him. And yes, the boy too. What is going wrong in here? I felt the curiosity and twinkle in his eyes unnerve me. Strange on how, but the kid is....different!

"He's my good friend from college, Aarav. His name is Arnav." Sheetal introduced with a smile throwing a wary glance my side. What's that additional adjective before 'friend'? Good? When have I been a good friend to anyone? Heck, I didn't even had a friend. And I never remembered being good to Sheetal. Back those days, even then, she used to give me bad jitters. I definitely did keep away from her except for a project on which we were partnered together. Bad days not to be remembered.

And Arnav? The sound is so foreign to me. No one calls me Arnav. Absolutely no one. And I've warned Sheetal to call me ASR not Arnav when she tried then. Arnav? Sheesh! Nobody except my wife can call me with my first name. And alas! My wife doesn't do. I've to work on that. Maybe tonight I ca...

"Arnav-Ji, where are you lost?" Khushi's nudge and hiss is what brought me back again. Khushi's rubbing on me, I guess. I'm zoning out more.

"Hi," I waved at the kid who stood before me waiting for my greeting. Well, midget, you aren't getting more than a 'Hi' from me. But he waved back in excitement. My frown deepened. Kids like me too?

I threw back a glare at my wife silently showing her my displeasure with her not listening to my words. But as like my Khushi is, she threw it away with a dazzling smile so infectious I couldn't help but crack my lips at that. She's something!

"And this is my wife, Khushi." I introduced her to the kid. It wasn't any planned. By instinct I pulled her close to me coiling my hand around her slim petite waist clad in her blue anarkali suit.