7 : Rule of Mind

"Get me the files of that project as soon as possible, Aman! Why can't you do any work properly if said for once? Is it that you're deaf or you're careless to follow my words?" I barked at Aman, I know, my only resort to vent out my frustration at. It's not that I like shouting at him, it's that I feel he understands me better than any of my other staff. He isn't my manger and PA for no reason.

"No, ASR. I'm sorry, I'll get them to you as quickly as possible." He stammered.

"No quickly Aman, I want the file on my table in next two hours. You got that or you want to repeat that again?"

"Two hours..? But ASR..." he stopped seeing my glare. "I'll get back to you in two hours sir." And he started leaving my cabin.

"And Aman, next time don't help yourself to a situation where you've to say sorry." I said nonchalantly my gaze back to the files I have before me.

I checked my watch again and twitched my mouth in irritation. When will this Akash come to office? And as if on cue he entered the cabin with a 'Bhai' depositing the files on my table.

"I don't say anything to you doesn't mean that you can come at any time, Akash. Only when we are punctual can we make our employees disciplined too." I said seriously.

Akash looked at me in shock for a moment. I don't blame him, because I've never ever pointed him out at coming late to office. Not that he delays every time, but only when he had some work. And it's the first time that I am telling him about following the timings.

"Err... I'll keep that in mind, Bhai. Sorry,"

"Good... you go look after your works then." But Akash stood there shifting from one foot to other, definitely hesitating to say something. This irked me more seeing than I am already not in such a great mood from the morning incident. Why can't anyone from my family tell me anything without fidgeting or hesitating? Do I look like a devil or something to them?

"Can you please get over with whatever you want to say? I don't have all day to waste. And also for the record, I don't bite." I said irritated as I left the file and turned his way in a stiff posture.

"Uh? Umm... Yeah. Okay." And then again he started fumbling with words and I couldn't understand a thing he wanted to say.

"Akash, can you be clearer? I understand normal Hindi, but not this." I said sarcastically while at the same hand gestured him to take a seat. Now this too I have to tell?

"Umm... I don't know how to tell you this?" he started while I raised my eyebrows in a questioning manner. "Bhai, I'm finding it something fishy with Sheetal." He said in a hurry that it took a moment for me to understand what he said.

"Why do you say that?" I questioned back knowing it is not common to fall in the bad books of Akash so easily. As far as I know, he never is a man who would believe others words and accuse someone. Not until there's a strong base for his opinion would he share his thoughts with me or even others. True, he's a bit on the emotional side, but for me Akash is a less fool than emotional.

"Bhai, it is the reason that I'm late for the office too." He said almost sheepishly while I had to show my bewilderment again.

"You're spying or something on her?"

"No no no... I just heard something today that had me think this."

"And that is?"