9 : Hour of Truth

Revelation is such a strange happening in anyone's life. A revelation that can be either good or bad. A revelation that can be either path breaking or disheartening. Today when I know what is about to happen, I can feel my insides behaving like a warm anxious mush a feeling not really new to me. This revelation have me feeling excited too if I'm sure I can comprehend them correctly.

Flipping through my office files, I sipped the coffee kept on my table, my thoughts not really on the file before me. My mobile chose this time to ring. But when I looked at the caller ID, I knew this is the call I was waiting for. And I had to attend it if I want things to happen as per the pace I set.

Silently keeping the phone to my ear after the mild initial greetings, I heard what the other side has to say. I know there's not much to say for me when they're ready to say everything and all I have to do is hear.

"Ok sir, if that is the case, I request you to permit me his custody for a while?"

"..."

"Thank you!"

Keeping the phone aside and leaning back on my chair with closed eyes, I surrendered to my thoughts. Again! Not that they're leaving me in peace if I don't think about them.

...A while ago in the day...

Waking up to the glare of rays, I woke up still feeling lazy for to start the day. I have been awake almost half of the night gathering my thoughts and pondering on options and previous talks. Finding Khushi not beside me and seeing that it has already struck eight, I made my way out of the bed for the day, a particularly lazy day.

Finding myself fresh in not more than 15 minutes, dragging on tracks and a sweat shirt, I made my way down for the breakfast. Not necessary, but thought to make a late entry to my office today already knowing there's not much for me to do except the works I've assigned for myself.

"...Why do you lie always?" I heard Khushi's breathed whisper before I could take a couple more steps from the goddamn room of that woman cursing again and again why she has been given a room that falls in my path from my room. And now I hear Khushi from that room?

Wait... what is she doing in there?

"Oh, Khushi sweetheart," Sheetal's voice dripped with non-existent sweetness that even I felt my stomach roll in nausea hearing her. The voice had something – that is too much surreal – akin to goading that had me dread the worst. Unnerved me. I stood silent listening with my heart in mouth.

"I have been telling you all along, haven't I? It's just you trying to turn down the truth which has been glaring at you all this while." She sounded smug and that was making me highly irritated. And why the hell did I just stand there and listened to them? Like a spy?

"You're just lying." Even though Khushi wanted to sound it strong, for which ever reason it is, her voice quivered giving away her lose in the matter. Sheetal gave out a harsh mocking laugh from the listening of it.

"See... you're still doing the same thing. Looks like you've 'being stupid' written in your daily schedule." She scoffed as I fisted my palms in anger. "I'm telling you again... which now have become like a perfect live telecast to me. Arnav is Aarav's father."

Her words shook the ground beneath me. Not that I trust her words. Heck, there was not even a close conversation I had with her back in B-School. If only glares and polite greetings could make a woman pregnant, then I would have had a mini-India filled with babies bearing my name.