Marta.

I am often asked by wattpad contributors to read books, both on, and off, wattpad. I comply wherever possible.

I recently read a book by a South African writer, Andre P. Brink, this book did what many others fail to do, it touched my very soul.

Those of you that know me well, understand that I have many moods in my writings, from downright dark, to downright silly.

In this series I intend to focus on slavery, we tend to think of slavery as pertinent to the Americans, and the British, in the main, but that is far from the truth. Man has been enslaving man from the Ancient Egyptians, through Ghenghis Khan, right up to modern day Corporations who make huge profits from children across the known world.

We need to remember when we go searching for cheap training shoes, and other consumables, that they are often the result of long hours spent by children in the most inhuman conditions.

I am not a paragon, I hold my own share of the blame, I sit in front of my keyboard in the warm, knowing that this piece of technology was almost certainly made by those less fortunate than myself.

So I shall try and purge my soul by putting my meagre talents to some productive use, and if I manage to touch the souls of just one of you, as Andre P. Brink has touched mine, then it will be worth it.

I am dedicating this series to Seasofme as a small thankyou for pestering me to read this book.

                                                 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Owain Glyn