The letter.

Lily raised her eyebrows.
'Petunia says that you were talking nonsense.'
'Of course she'll say that.' Muttered Severus under his breath. 'Look at this. Watch what I can do.' He said, repeating her words.
   He picks up a fallen twig, and glares at it. The twig began to expand, becoming taller and bigger by the minute, and in a few moments, it was the same height as Severus.
   Lily stares, her eyes open widely.
'Wow.' She muttered excitedly. 'Okay, saying this magical community exists, how come my parents aren't witch and wizard? Even Petunia can't do magic.'
'Because you're muggle born. Don't worry, you're not the only one. My mother know loads of muggle-borns.' Explained Severus.
   Lily still doesn't seem to believe him.
'Right. So, I'm a witch, you're a wizard, we're both 11 years old, and there is a whole wizarding world out there that I don't know of. So, what happens next?'
   Severus smiled. 'That's the best part. As soon as September starts, we go to a magic school, where we learn how to control our magic, do spells and charms, it'll be brilliant.'
   But Lily looked confused. 'A school? But how come I don't know any of this?'
'Soon, we'll recieve owls- that's how we send letters in the wizarding world. They'll tell us that we have a place at Hogwarts, but someone from the ministry will have to go to your place to explain that to your parents.'
'Hog- what?!' Exclaimed Lily.
'Hogwarts, school of witchcraft and wizardry.' The words taste sweet on Severus' tongue.
'It's a boarding school?'
'Yes.'
'How long do we have to stay there?'
'Seven years. But don't worry, they'll be the best years of your life.'
'What makes you feel so sure?'
'My mother told me. And I have a book, 'Hogwarts, A History' that tells you everything you need to know, and it sounds amazing.'
   Lily now looked less uncertain and more excited, she really does want to know more about this school.
'There are four houses. Slytherin for the cunning, Gryffindor for the brave, Ravenclaw for the smart and Hufflepuff for the good.' Severus recited his mother's words.
'Gryffindor sounds good.' Said Lily thoughtfully.
'Nah, Slytherin's the best.'
   There was a pause. Then Lily said: 'You said something earlier, about wizards having there own minstry and prison. Why do people go to prison for? They can have everything they want with magic.'
'Well, that's not precisely true.' Said Severus importantly. 'I asked my mum about it and she told me that wizards mostly go to Azkaban if they threaten to expose us to the muggles, and trust me, you wouldn't want to go to Azkaban. The guards are Dementors, they suck all the  happiness out of you, and if your crime's really bad, you get the Dementor's kiss.'
'What's that?'
'They suck out your soul, it's even worse than dying.'
Lily looked frightened.
'But don't worry, that's only for really bad wizards.' Snape reassured her.
Lily gave Severus a small smile.
   Snape was really enjoying his conversation with Lily, she seemed to be finally believing him. He felt happier than he did in weeks.
'Severus, is all this true?'
'Yes!'
'There really is a magic school?'
'Of course!'
Lily takes a deep breath. As she was about to say something, Severus takes out a book from the plastic bag he brought with him.
'Here.' He said, thrusting the book at her.
'What is it?'
'The book I told you about.'
   Lily reads the title. 'Hogwarts, A History, wow, Severus. It's about the school?'
'Yes. And it's one of the most important thing I own. The only important thing.' He corrects himself.
'But I want you to keep it.'
Severus loved the book, it was the only thing that helped him forget his miserable life. He will miss it, but giving it to Lily is the right thing to do.
'Thank you so much!' Lily said. 'I can't wait to read it!'
'My pleasure. Oh, and Lily?'
'Yes?'
'The pictures in the book, they move.'
'Wait, what?'
'The people in the photos, they don't stand still. They move about.' Said Severus, smiling.
'Don't know why it doesn't surprise me, after all you told me today.' Grinned Lily. 'So, friends?'
Severus' face glowed. 'Of course.'
Lily leaned in and kissed his cheek. 'This Hogwarts sounds great, we'll be able to meet other people like us!' She said.
'Yeah.' Grinned Severus.
'Goodbye, then. See you soon.' She said, walking away.
'See you.' Waved Severus.