Slytherin.

The headmaster of Hogwarts, Albus Dumbledore, stood up.
'To those who joined us today, welcome. To those who returned for another magical year at Hogwarts, welcome back.' He said, smiling. 'I have many things to say to you all, but that will have to wait. All I have to say now is enjoy our superb feast! Tuck in!'
Everybody clapped loudly as Dumbledore sat down, but, as Severus noticed, the Slytherins were less enthusiastic, some didn't clap at all, including Lucius Malfoy, who said 'Like I give a damn about what he has to say.'
Severus was deeply in awe of Albus Dumbledore. He read about all the amazing things he did, and his mother sometimes mentioned him.
'If he only knew what 'magic tricks' Dumbledore did. Can't even imagine the great things he's done.' She used to mutter when Mr Snape finished his daily insults about wizards.
Severus didn't understand the Slytherins behavior, but he hastily stopped clapping when Lucius raised his eyebrows at him.
  Suddenly, plates and dishes appeared on the long table. Severus never saw so much food in his whole life. Roast potatoes, noodles, chicken legs ect. Jugs of what appeared to be pumpkin juice were also on the table. The first years looked greedily at the food, amazed. The older students already started eating, totally unfazed.
   'It's the same thing every year.' He heard Lucius mutter to a dark-haired boy.
  Severus also noticed that the curly black- haired girl, Bellatrix Black, was eying him.
   He shot her a quizzical look. She smirked.
   'Snape, is it? You've got pumpkin juice all over your face.' She said, pointing at him.
   Going red, Severus reached for a napkin and started to dab at his face.
   The boy on his left roared with laughter. Severus felt himself go even redder.
   'Shut up, Lestrange, you sound like a snorting pig.' Bellatrix sneered.
   The boy, dark-haired too, immediatly stopped laughing. There was something about that girl, that made Severus know that it wouldn't be wise to upset her.
   'Anyway, what do you guys think?' She continued, looking at them both.
  'About what?' Said Severus.
  'The school, obviously.'
   'It's okay.' Said Lestrange. 'I'm Rudolphus Lestrange, by the way.' He said to Severus.
   'Severus Snape.'
    'Your blood sta-'
    'Half-blood.' Severus replied.
   As his mother predicted, your blood status really matter in the Slytherin house.
   Bellatrix looked septic. 'One of your parents a blood traitor, then?'
   'I don't know. They're both wizards, but their was muggle-born blood somewhere along my father's line.' Severus lied.
   'My sister's a fifth year. She's a prefect.' Bellatrix said proudly, pointing at quite the opposite of herself. 'Narcissa Black.'
   Narcissa was a pretty blonde, and she was sitting opposite Lucius. She spotted Bellatrix and nodded at her, before continuing her conversation with Lucius.
   'She's got a thing for him, you see.' Said Bellatrix, wrinkling her nose. 'Well, the Malfoys are purebloods, I guess.. But he seems a bit full of himself to me.'
   Lestrange nodded fervently, as though he knew exactly what Bellatrix was talking about. Severus shrugged and began to eat.
   After dessert ( mountains of ice-cream and all kinds of cakes ) the table cleared and Professor Dumbledore stood up again.
   'I hope you all enjoyed this wonderful feast.' Said Dumbledore, and Malfoy snorted. Bellatrix looked at him disdainfully.
  'As usual, our caretaker, Argus Filch, has banned a few more items, he asked me to tell you all to check the list that hangs on his office door.
   The Forbidden Forest is, well, forbidden to all students, no matter how old or qualified they are.
   And again, I welcome you all, and wish you a very successful year at Hogwarts. Goodnight.'
   After another round of applause, the students started to leave the hall.
  'Bloody first years, follow me.' Yelled Malfoy, looking annoyed. 

  'Argh. Why become a prefect if you don't like your duties?' Commented Rudolphus, trying, and failing, to impress Bellatrix.

  She sighed. 'To boss us around, obviously. No one's bossing me around, though.'

  True to her word, she took her time leaving the Great Hall. Rudolphus  Lestrange waited for her by the door.

  Not wanting to get lost on his very first day, Severus tried to catch up with Lucius and the rest, quickening his step.