Diagon Alley.

'So, your school things.' Mrs Snape said to Severus, twirling pasta on her fork.
The three Snapes were having dinner in, as usual, silence until Eileen spoke.
The other two looked up at her. One in anticipation and the other surprise.
'School things?' Prompted Mr Snape, eying his wife.
'Yes. Severus here will be attending Hogwarts this year, and he'll have to get his stuff.' Said Mrs Snape, a hint of defiance in her voice.
'And what exactly is this Hogwarts?' Snarled Mr Snape, knowing the answer to his question.
'A school of witchcraft and wizardry.' Sighed Mrs Snape.
'My son isn't going to learn magic tricks in this damn school!' Shouted Mr Snape, spilling water on the table.
Severus sunk lower on his chair.
'Your son?' Laughed Mrs Snape coldly. 'What, you're calling yourself a father?'
'No smart talk with me, woman! I'm not paying some fools to teach my son their baloney!'
'Wasn't expecting you to.' Sniffed Mrs Snape.
'What? You have some kind of hidden treasure?' Sneered Mr Snape.
'No, but I'll try my best.'
And Eileen walked out of the room.
Damn it. Thought Severus. Now it was only him and his father in the kitchen.
Severus slowly got off his chair, and was heading towards the door.
'Not so fast, boy.' Said Mr Snape. 'Me and you have some talking to do.'
Mr Snape banged his fist on the table.
Severus groaned inwardly as he rejoined his chair.
'Yes?' He asked politely.
'Don't you "yes" me! What are you and your mother planning eh?' Shouted Tobias Snape.
'Nothing. I am just going to start school. That is all.' Replied Severus, looking at his feet.
'A school from your people? Ha! I can't see any school accepting you, you're such a lazy lump, aren't you? Well, if they're all like you and your mother, you'll fit in just fine!' Laughed Mr Snape coldly.
Good lord, how can anyone be so cruel?
Severus turned red and said :
'If you're going to tell me one more time that I'm a waste of space, I'd rather go back to my room, you know, before something else happens, like last time, remember? and I can't control it yet, plus Mum's not here to save you is time.' Said Severus knowingly.
'You threatening me, son?' Sneered the father, but he backed away and said no more.
After a few days, Mrs Snape took Severus to London.
They took the Underground tube, and when they finally got there, Mrs Snape ushered her son into a old-looking bar called The Leaky Cauldron on the edge of a busy street, Charing Cross Road.
'What would you like, madam?' Said the barman.
Severus looked utterly confused. Why the bloody hell is he in a bar when he's supposed to be getting books and quills?
'Sorry, got to go, first year at Hogwarts.' Apologised Eileen, and the barman gave Severus a toothy smile.
He followed his mother to behind the bar.
He watched her as she tapped on a brick three times with her wand.
And, to Severus' amazement, the brick quivered and wriggled, and the wall parted.
   Diagon Alley is a cobblestoned wizarding alley, and it was full of witches and wizards of all ages. It is an assortment of shops and restaurants and other sights.
   Severus was awed, this is so much better than he expected it to be.
   Mrs Snape cleared her throat. 'Right, Gringotts.'
    Gringotts is the wizarding bank, Severus knew that, it is the place where British witches and wizards store their money and other treasures in heavily-guarded vaults miles below ground, but he had no idea his mother had her own vault.
   'Don't get your hopes up. There's not much in there.' She told Severus, smiling feebly.
   Gringotts is an imposing snow-white multistoried marble building located partway down Diagon Alley, and it towers over the neighbouring shops.
   Severus and his mother climbed a set of white stairs that lead up to a set of burnished bronze doors. The doors are flanked by a goblin in a uniform of scarlet and gold.
     'Now, goblins are very greedy creatures.' She said, lowering her voice, 'which is why they are the most ideal guardians, they protect their money and valuables at any cost. Gringotts is run by goblins, and trust me when I say that they don't think very highly of wizards.'
She pointed at the words engraved on the entrance's silver doors.