Twenty Two

Call her difficult but she wasn't willing to forgive someone for trying to drown her. Same as if she wouldn't forgive Draco's father for giving Ginny the book. Or even Tom Riddle for that matter..

Luckily Draco was on her side about not accepting the apology. He wasn't sure why Pansy was set on getting on Grayson's good side but he knew no good could come out of it. She was obsessive when her mind got set to something and it she wanted anything from his fiancé then it wasn't good. His biggest fear was that Parkinson was planning another way to take her out.

"So my mother wants to have the wedding on July 12th. Is that okay with you?"

"I guess. I like the date for our anniversary."

"Okay I'll tell her that's fine." Draco was working on responding to his mother's letter about the wedding preparations.

"What else does she have settled?"

"I don't know, a bunch of stuff about decorations and girl things I think.."

"Ah just hand me the paper." Grayson laughed as Draco looked the letter over trying to figure out what was important or not.

Narcissa had pretty much everything figured out, and more. She had two separate plans- one for it they wanted it small and private or another if they wanted guests. Flowers, color schemes, food and more were all laid out. She felt horrible that Mrs. Malfoy had been putting in all this time just so the two could have a nice night- it really didn't need to be much..

"Would you be fine with having a more private ceremony? I feel like this is a bit much."

"That's fine with me." She did agree with him, and she wasn't sure if she really wanted anyone besides her parents there to begin with.

Grayson looked down at the ring on her left index finger smiling to herself. She was delighted about her life in these last couple of days. School was moving along really well, her essays practically writing themselves, and the marks on her exams seemed to be increasing too. Yes extra study hours had to go in but with Draco's help it wasn't too bad.

She really was glad they were getting married. He looked focused on writing his letter, his blonde hair messy from its usual compliance. Draco looked attractive in the dim lights of the library, making Grayson's heart flutter.

"What? Like what you see?" he easily caught her staring at him with a blush on her cheeks.

"W-well I-I-"

He chuckled, "never mind... come here."

Grayson set aside her books and got up from her place across from him. She took a seat besides him but was thrown off guard when he wrapped an arm around her waist pulling her onto his lap, "what's that for?"

"Mm nothing." he pressed his lips to her neck making her squirm in his grasp giggling.

To say Draco wasn't handsy would have been a lie. He was definitely one of the most touchiest people she ever met, especially when it came to romantic gestures. As good as he was with/at talking he was just as physical.

"Hands off Mr. Malfoy." Madam Prince walked by setting a book back on its shelf. She gave the boy a look.

He grumbled something in return but let her onto the seat besides him. She couldn't help but laugh seeing how irked he looked from the librarians comment. The younger girl took his hand into her own with a grin, "someone doesn't look too happy."

"Oh shut up." he leaned in kissing her sweetly, "I say we do something fun tonight." he spoke teasingly against her lips.

"Like what?" she smirked into the kiss.

"Let's sneak out-"

"Malfoy no-"

"Malfoy yes." the Slytherin chuckled as he checked her body up and down. For once she wore a shirt that was low cut and revealing- it had to be the only thing she owned that was remotely girly like this. He was use to seeing her in uniform or sweaters and jeans. There wasn't much of a variety there...

"Oi stop that!" she easily saw where his eyes were looking, making her pull her shirt up. It made her suddenly feel self conscious.

"Why?" another kiss was placed on her lips, but Draco started making his way down. From jawline to neck- she felt flustered enjoying the feeling, her stomach doing flips, and body starting to heat up.

"D-Draco!" her senses finally coming back she gave him a shove, "not here you git!"

"So then lets go somewhere more private." another smirk.

"I have to write this paper."

"You're being no fun babe, come on."

"If you're having such a hard time then go somewhere else. I'm sure Pansy would love your company- I'm trying to work!"

"That's not even funny. I can't stand that girl."

"Look, I like spending time with you but I really need to get this done." apart of her wanted him to go away.. it didn't take long for her to realize his advances just then started to take a sexual turn. She knew he was an older guy, who she also heard about getting around with a couple girls last year. That didn't matter to Grayson but she was scared of just giving herself to anyone especially before marriage.

"Hey I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable-"

"Have you ever had sex with anyone?" she was even shocked when she heard the words come out of her own mouth. It came across a little harsh and random at most.

Draco definitely was taken back at first, "actually I haven't." but he knew eventually it had to be talked about, "I mean I've spent.. time with girls before but I'm still a virgin. That your question love?"

"I-I guess I'm sorry that was so brash."

"So I answered, what about you? I can't even imagine you having any boyfriends before me."

"Well, I am still a virgin and you aren't my first boyfriend either, technically."

"Technically?" he raised an eyebrow in interest.

"I had a very serious relationship when I was eight actually."

Her fiancé burst into laughter, "oh that's serious alright Yang.. But do you wanna wait until we're married?"

"Yes. It's in like four months so you won't have to wait long."

"I never said I was bothered by having to wait."

"Sorry it just seemed like it...."

The two dropped the conversation after that. Draco kept an arm around her as she continued to write. He felt guilty about making her upset but he didn't realize it until now that they needed to talk about it, and get it out of the way.

Later.. walking down the hall hand in hand they stayed silent. It was brutally awkward between them and Grayson hated it. She wished she knew what to say but any wrong word and the guy who's hand she was holding could get upset.

"This is as far as I can go, I'll see you." he had walked her back to her common room but anyone outside of Gryffindor couldn't get any farther than this.

"Yeah.." Draco kissed her forehead before leaving. Every step burned as he walked away from her with something unsettling between them.