Thirty One

The differences in Malfoy Manor and The Burrow were absolutely tremendous. But being with the redheaded family felt more like home- warm, inviting and joyful. Granted it was missing Draco, but she quite honestly wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else.

As soon as Grayson walked through the front door she was bombarded by Mrs. Weasley in a giant welcoming hug. Immediately after she was ushered to the table and offered food. Fred tried to back her up saying not everyone wanted to eat at two in the afternoon, but still a corned beef sandwich was practically forced down her throat. Even still it brought the young girl happiness being with her favorite family in the whole world, even over her own. No other could match their love for each other in her opinion.

"Grayson!" Ginny flew down the steps seeing her best friend. The two embraced tightly having missed one another.

"Oh my god we have so much to talk about!"

"Well you two girls run along upstairs until your father gets home."

"Alright mum."

The girls sat on the floor of Ginny's room chatting all about Grayson's marriage. She told her friend of every detail from the manor to the dress, to even Draco's family. The red head was submerged in every detail of what the two did together over two weeks. She was very happy to see Grayson seeming so happy as she joyfully talked about it all. The genuine smile on her lips never faltered.

"So uh... how was it?"

Grayson blushed knowing exactly what her friend asked about, "I-it was nice."

"Did it hurt? Was he gentle?"

"It felt really awkward at first but... I don't know, we figured it out. Draco was really sweet the whole time." by this point her cheeks were beet red. There wouldn't be anyone else she'd ever talk to about this.

"Aww that's so cute! I know you were worried about that.." she really was. But throughout their time together sex turned into something they both enjoyed, discovering each other's bodies for themselves.

"I really was but my nerves got calmed down a lot-"

"Oi Grayson!!" bursting into their conversation came Ron, "how's being a Malfoy?"

"Ronald!!" Ginny yelled.

"Just saying! But seriously though how was it being locked away in that manor."

"I'm happy Ron if that's what you're asking! I had a lot of fun, but I'm really happy to be here... It feels more like home." it wasn't a lie. Being with the Weasley's was different.

"Of course it does! Glad you decided to come, Ginny was getting nervous you'd stay with Malfoy."

"Ron!!!"

Grayson laughed shaking her head, "it's fine! I mean he tried to get me to stay but I wasn't ditching you guys."

Her loyalty to her friends really shown there, and Ginny was happy to hear that. Of course she worried a lot about her friend being away from her somewhere they all thought was pure evil. It was even harder though to think of her best friend as a Malfoy and not as Yang any longer. But of course Grayson explained to them she was still going by her original last name even if it wasn't 'allowed'.

"Good, so I don't have to refer to you as Malfoy!"

"I think having a Malfoy in Gryffindor isn't even possible or like- okay!"

Ron wanted the whole run down about her stay at the Malfoy's, again. He questioned almost each story she told and needed all the details. She understood he wanted to make sure his friends were safe but this seemed a bit extreme. Even Ginny was attempting to get him off her friends back a bit.

"-Kids!!" an urgent yell came up the stairs, from a voice that sounded like Mr. Weasley. The three students raced down the stairs realizing something was definitely wrong.

"What's wrong?" Fred and George were now down with them in the dining room as well.

"Harry may be getting expelled from Hogwarts."

The room went utterly silent. Mouths dropped as they all looked around each other shocked.

"What??" Ron finally blurted out, the idea of losing his best friends scaring him.

"Harry was attacked by dementors and used magic.. of course he used magic in terms of self defense, so he should get off.. but who honestly knows."

"We need to see him!"

"Ron calm down.. Kids, everyone pack. We won't be coming back before school starts."

"Where are we going?" Fred asked,

"To a safe place."

***

In under days Grayson's life was turned inside out. It was supposed to be a simple few weeks with her friends, but now they were at a safe house on Grimmauld street for the Order of the Phoenix. Next Hermione came into the house, clearly upset about this whole situation. Eventually, Harry was soon ushered in by Sirius Black and others.. being united with him was a relief.

In all the mess of Harry's trial and starting up school again, she quickly lost track of time. Letters came to her but she never answered. Her parents knew she was safe, but Draco didn't. He had only seen the news about Potter and next thing he knew his wife wasn't answering any letters. She wasn't doing it purposely- a lot was on her mind.

Harry just had to be acquitted, he only used magic for his own protection. If the ministry didn't see that then she wouldn't know what to think. It was rather clear.

The silence that had gone around room was in fact deafening, nerves high. But when he came back with the exciting news, everyone decided it would be best to have a celebration. Upon that letters were received that appointed Ron and Hermione as prefects.

"Don't look so down about it." Grayson tried to comfort a clearly upset or jealous Harry. She personally wouldn't ever want to be one regarding it would probably be extra work. In return, she only got a simple shrug from the boy she was trying to cheer up.

Then there was Ginny who was clearly upset about the two being treated like children. When stories started getting interesting at one point her and Grayson were pushed from the room. They were younger, yes, but it wasn't like deadly secrets were being kept. Maybe the less they knew the better anyways.