Chapter 8: Your Weapon

Leo

"Slowly," Splinter said. "Close your eyes. Let your feet take you where they will."

"Are you sure this is going to work?" You asked, raising an eyebrow. He gave you a quick nod. You sighed and closed your eyes.

The four turtles were in the corner watching you slowly walk around, your hand outstretched, to choose your weapon.

Master Splinter said it was a matter of fate. Your weapon would choose you, rather than you choosing it. You would be led to it by the force of it attracting you.

You slowly walked around in the large circle of weapons. How could a weapon choose you? It seemed ridiculous. But Splinter was hardly ever wrong which made you at least try.

You sighed and reached in front of you when you felt something almost pulling you back. You pulled your hand back and turned around, eyes still closed. You stretched out your hand and let the force bring you towards your weapon.

You felt your hand wrap around the soft, smooth leather of a handle. You slowly opened your eyes to see a sheathed blade with a black handle.

"The shikomizue," Splinter said. "A fine blade. Forged by the leader of our clan."

"It's beautiful," You whispered. You pulled it out of its holster to see it had designs of the Hamato clan on it. The handle had the Hamato symbol on the bottom of it as well.

"Wield it proudly," Splinter said. "It will bring you great power in a fight against your enemies."

"Hai, sensei," You bowed your head and knelt in front of him.

You looked across the room to see Leo softly smiling at you. You smiled back and blushed lightly, averting your eyes from his.

"My sons," Splinter said, "You seem to be distracting (y/n). Would you please leave so we can begin her training?"

"Hai, sensei," They all said in unison and left the room. Leo left last giving you a thumbs up and quietly leaving afterwards.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

You took a breath. "As ready as I'll ever be."

Raph

Raph

"How about we try the Jitte," Splinter said, walking over to a pair of steel looking salad tongs.

"Master Splinter," You said, "With all do respect, none of these seem to be working."

"Just try it," He said. "Who knows which weapon will be yours."