• afterword

24 Hours to Live was one of the most hardest things to write for multiple reasons. I wanted each and every scene to be written the way that I wanted to, so, the book was a longer wait. And it still ended up flopping, so you know, whatever.

I've been working nonstop for three months on a project that I'm still barely satisfied with. I tried my best to match Tupac's in-story dialogue with his real life persona by watching interviews upon interviews. So, I hope I did all right as far as his dialogue goes.

If I didn't, well, I'm still thankful that it's out for whoever to see.

It's to talk about those who are in a battle with depression, anxiety, physical abuse, emotional child abuse, mental abuse, toxic friendships, victims of sexual assault, child neglect, alcoholism, loss of close ones due to death/suicide ANY of that.

The main theme was going to revolve around Tupac's issues but I decided to add in Lena's experience with emotional child abuse. Because there is not just physical child abuse in the world. Improper love and encouragement growing up can really affect children in the adult years. Lena was suffering so bad from that, that she would seek out anyone who was willing to give her what she wanted to hear and that is not okay.

As told, her ex-boyfriend and ex-friend took advantage of her fragility, causing Lena to find out that she is lost and does not know herself or her self-worth. Which could explain why she had the profession that she had, she wanted to give what she never received.

So, no. 24 Hours to Live did not just revolve around Tupac and his final twenty-four hours, it was also for Lena, who would discover more than ever in only 24.

After years upon years of trying to self-build off of other people comments, compliments, and opinions, Lena is a complete mess in only 24.

Now, back to Tupac.

Usually, it's said that men, especially black, can't go through situations such as depression or anxiety. And that if they do, it makes them less of a man. Wrong, black men do get discouraged in life, and there are some who make it, others who don't. This could be for anyone who's struggling, doesn't even have to be that big of a deal. Especially if this is still current, this can be motivation of some sort that it does get better and skies do get clearer.

Be grateful for blessings, don't ever change, keep your essence.
-Tupac Shakur-

START: JAN 1, 2017FINISH: APR 13, 2017

START: JAN 1, 2017
FINISH: APR 13, 2017