chapter 8 (Yata POV)

Hazel eyes stared at the dark room he was in, Yata at first thought he was back in the chains or that table, but an arm was holding him protectively and sleeping soundlessly next to him, was Saruhiko Fushimi. Surprisingly he found himself believing the blue more and more, everyday.. I find myself trusting you more... Saruhiko, maybe I will be able to piece together what I'm missing... Yata thought before falling asleep.

~

Yata slowly opened his eyes to hear tapping from a computer, the sunlight peered through the bedroom window and lit up the room. The chestnut haired male sat up and scooted against the bedframe. Saruhiko sat at his desk, the laptops screen lit up to something to a picture, one that looked like a mask...Yata winced, he remembered the mask... "Saruhiko..I remember seeing that.." Hands went still, the soft, but quick tapping. Gone. "You remember seeing this?" Saruhiko asked as he turned his head, calculating blue eyes on him. Yata slowly nodded. It couldn't have been Saruhiko, masks are not something that monkey would wear...Or anyone in Homra now that I think about it.. But the more he thought about it, the more he remembered and the more he remembered the more his hazel eyes darted around for any sign of the masked man. He heard something, but he couldn't make out the words until he looked straight ahead and saw Saruhiko right in front of him.

"-sake, what's wrong?" Those calculating eyes turned to the slightest hint of worry and the older male shook his head. "N-Nothing, I'm not...I-I mean- That man...I remember, he said something to me..." He was tripping over his words, turning into a stuttering mess. "Misaki, I need you to tell me what you remember him saying.." Yata winced and shook his head once more. "He-He told me, I wasn't safe. It didn't matter who I was with or if I was saved... I'd be captured again and next time...I wouldn't ever be able to get out.." Once he finished speaking, the small male started to tremble in fear. "That won't happen. I won't let that happen." Saruhiko's tone was absolute seriousness, his hand gently rested on Yata's, in hopes to coax him out of his fear and trembling little form to one that found peace, away from all the pain and suffering he endured.

He knew Saruhiko was trying to give him comfort, but how could he relax? He could be taken at any given moment and he might end up begging for death... "Misaki, you're strong, you have nothing to fear and I'm going to prove it." Saruhiko spoke in a calm tone. "How?" Yata asked in disbelief, he knew Saruhiko had to just be saying things. He had no way to prove he was strong, that part of him was in little pieces, gluing all those bits of him would be nearly impossible and he'd have all those cracks..He would never be the same crow he once was. "By getting you to walk and back on that skateboard."

Author's Note; I am terribly sorry for the loooong wait. But I hope this chapter will make up for it. I need to get things organized, that way I can put time in for you guys. On the 19th I have a big math EOC retake I have to do so, don't expect any updates until after. Again, I apologize for making you all wait.

Read and enjoy my lovely readers.