Chapter 3

We sit on my bedroom floor in silence for about 30 seconds.

"McKenzie..." I say, suddenly getting worried.
"Hmmm?" She replied, sounding like she's in deep thought.

"I'm scared to go back to school, what if it happens again? What if I have a panic attack in class, instead of alone in the toilets!?"

I start to feel really anxious thinking about it. "Right, come on then." McKenzie says casually.

"What?" I stare at her, confused, wondering what she's talking about. "Come on! I'm going to take you somewhere."

She stands and grabs my hand to pull me up aswell. I'm still a little shakey but I can actually stand up without falling over now.

Still really confused, I stare at my aunty waiting for her to explain what she's on about.

But all she says is "Put something more comfortable on." Staring at my not-so comfortable outfit of choice... A pair of high-waisted denim shorts and a coral-coloured, off the shoulder crop-top.

"Where are we going?" I ask, getting impatient. "Somewhere I know you'll love!" She says as she walks out of my room.

I turn to my closet and open the doors as McKenzie pops her head back through my door.

"Oh and don't worry, I'll tell your mum everything and try to persuade her into letting you have a couple of days off school so your not all stressed out." She says with a smile, knowing I'm not good with serious conversations. "Thanks Kenz." I say smiling back at her.

Even though McKenzie is my aunty, she is only 3 years older than me, so we're really close and tell each other everything.

I decided to put on some leggings and a hoodie, as it was starting to get a bit chilly. As I'm putting on my shoes, McKenzie knocks on my door.

"Hey Sky, you ready?" She says loud enough so I can hear through my closed door. "Yep, you can come in." I call out.

"What did she say?" I ask, tying up my shoelaces as she walks into my room once again.

"She agreed with me about you having a couple of days off of school, but she wants to talk to you."

"Okay." I reply, getting off my bed and walking towards the kitchen where my mum had been cooking dinner.

When I spot my mum I notice she looks really worried. I wish I had my door open so I could hear what McKenzie had said to make her look this worried!

I know it's not a good thing to get told that your own daughter wasn't telling you things as serious as having panic attacks, but I suppose I just hate people worrying about me.

"Sky!" She gasps rushing over to give me a hug. "Everything is going to be okay. I love you so much!" She says, squeezing me as tight as she can.

"I love you too, I'm sorry I didn't tell you." I say truthfully.
"Its okay baby, but just know that if you ever need to talk I'm here, always."

"Thanks mum." I say, smiling at her as I pull away from her squeeze.

"Now you go have fun with Kenzie in Yurr-" She stops in mid-sentence as I saw in the corner of my eye, McKenzie shaking her hands In a 'No! Stop!' Motion.

"Have fun where?" I say, confused once again. "On your little trip, I was meant to say!"

Mum never lies, so I can tell that she is now. But I just choose to ignore it.

I say goodbye to my dad who gives me a hug, and Ashlee who says "Awwww, I wanna come!"

"How come everyone knows where I'm going except me!" McKenzie looks at me "For the third time Skylah, it's a surprise!"

After I say goodbye to my dog, Kiwi, I quickly grab my phone and camera, which I take with me everywhere. "Okay, let's go!" McKenzie says excitedly.

"Wait, do I need to bring anything else?" I say, just incase. "Nope!" McKenzie says with a giant smile on her face.

As we get into her car, I notice two pieces of paper sitting on her seat. As I try to take a closer look at them, she snatches them out of sight.

"Are they plane tickets?!" I ask, in disbelief. "I don't know what your talking about!" Her giant smile is even bigger now!

"Sure you don't!" I say not believing her one bit. "Please tell me where we are going!" I say in a whiney voice.

"Sky, you have to wait!" She says, getting annoyed at how many times I've asked. She giggles and turns on some music and backs out of the drive-way.

We sing and dance to old songs, we know all the words to. We decide to just get McDonalds for dinner since we left before mum had finished cooking dinner.

"Alright, I can't keep it from you any longer." She says after about 1 hour of singing, dancing and eating our McDonald's.