I'm Sorry

Two weeks later...
~
Back on the open road, singing to some song on the radio as Robin drives. Regina, as usual, has her bare feet on the dashboard and head laid back on the chair. Giggling at Robin as he makes goofy faces along with his silly accents he uses when he sings. He loves her smile and laugh so he'll do anything to see it. She just loves him and anything he does makes her giggly.

"Are you hungry?" Robin asks as he turns the radio down and shows her his dimples. She once again giggles, unable to help herself when it comes to him.

"I actually am, yes. I feel like I haven't eaten in weeks." She laughs, biting her lip.

"Okay, I'll find a-"

"Are we gonna get junk food again at some thrift store?" She interrupts him, making a pleading face as if she wants him to say no.

"I mean, that was my plan, but if you want something else then I'm sure I can find a fast food restaurant or something."

She nods. "Yes, please. Preferably Arby's? I want one of those beef sandwiches. It's been a while since you got me one of those." Her lip puckers out as she practically begs him.

He sighs and takes her hand in his, knowing they probably don't have the money to do that. This is the only reason he hates living the way they do, he can't give her the things she wants and needs. He hates it honestly.

"Honey, I don't know how much money we have left over and-" He looks over at her pout and takes a deep breath. She is definitely his weakness. "Regina... We need gas money... What happened to doing whatever it takes to get to Florida? Where we will be free to do what we please. There I'll get a job, and I'll give you the life and family that you want. Can't you just wait until those days come?"

She pulls her hand away from his and turns to look out her window. She isn't mad at him, she completely understands. It's just hard sometimes to live this way. "I will wait... As long as we're together, I'm okay without a sandwich from Arby's." Her eyes look over to him, and she flashes her pearly white teeth.

"That's my girl."

Robin takes her hand again, brings it up to his lips, and presses a tender kiss to her knuckles.

"I love you." He whispers.

"I love you too."

____________________________________

A few more hours of driving, one stop to get Regina the food she was asking for and another stop to use the restroom. Robin has been a bit distant recently and Regina can't pin point as to why. He isn't upset with her, that much she knows. From time to time he would kiss her or tell her he loves her, so she knows it's not her. But it is definitely something.

Right now, he is watching the road and staying quiet. He's thinking, trying to figure out how their future will go. He has a plan, but he's not sure how it will go. If it goes wrong, their lives will be changed forever. If it goes right, he will be able to give Regina what she desires.

"Robin, are you-"

"We need to talk." He cuts her off, knowing what she is going to ask so he beats her to it.

She is taken back, those words have her terrified honestly. "Uh, okay, what is it?"

Robin takes a deep breath, here it goes... This will determine their future.

"What if I told you, I have a way to get us more money than you have probably ever held in your life?" He looks to her for a moment before his eyes go back to the road. Pulling over to the side and parking. His body turns fully so he can face her. She already has her eyes glued to his face, listening intently.