Surprise

Two years later, walking down the sidewalk to work, Robin watches as people go by. It's usual, nothing uncommon, that is until one particular woman catches his eyes. That dark brunette hair, longer but just as silky. The curves, more to notice but still the same body. It's her.

"Regina." He whispers to himself.

Running across the street, he goes inside the coffee shop he watched her go into. Robin looks around until he sees her. This time, it's her face he can see. Still as beautiful as ever. He walks to her, stops when he's close enough for her to notice. But when she looks up, it's not at all what he wanted to happen.

"What the hell?" She stands quickly.

"Hi." Robin tries with a smile.

"Get the fuck away from me." She spits out.

"Regina, please. Can we talk?"

"Why?" She calms down a bit.

"Because I haven't seen you in almost three years and I still feel like shit."

"Well you should. And for reasons you know nothing about." She crosses her arms. Is she really going to tell him that he has a son?

"What don't I know? That you went to prison for me? I know very well." He takes a step closer. "I just want to talk, okay?"

She sighs harshly. "Fine. But there's things you should know." She begins to write down something.

"What is it?" He sounds genuinely concerned, then confused when she hands him the paper.

"My address. Meet me there tonight and we can talk." She then leaves the shop with her coffee and goes to work. Her heart beating so fast as she walks quickly. She can't believe this is happening. Never did she think he'd be back around her. She never had plans on father and son meeting. But it's time for it.

Robin smiles like a fool when she leaves. He gets to see her again tonight. At her place. He knows nothing will happen, nothing but a good talk. His only curiosity is what she needs to talk to him about. Hopefully this day will go by fast.
~~~~
After his long day at work, he grabs his keys and suitcase then leaves. Heading straight to the address Regina gave him. An apartment complex? Not a very clean one either. What is she doing at a place like this? He feels horrible at the moment. She never would be here if he hadn't of let her go. He promised her a better life, and while this is better than on the streets, he knows he could have given her better.

So with a heavy sigh, he gets out of the car and goes inside the building. Getting her room number then heading up the elevator to the 5th floor. Nervous is an understatement for Robin right now. He still loves this woman. He didn't know it until he saw her again this morning, but he does.

With three knocks to the door, she lets him in. He looks around and it's not messy, but clean isn't what he'd call it. Definitely not a mess just for one person either. He takes a deep breath. She's moved on, he thinks. There's laundry with not only her clothes in it, cartoons playing on the tv, and a toy truck sits in front of it. She's moved on and created a family? He sighs. Why did he think this wouldn't have happened. He was stupid to think she'd want to be with him again. He screwed up.

Regina walks to the end of the hallway, calling down it to a room with a half open door.

"Henry, come here. There's someone I want you to meet."

Henry? Her husband? Great, why does she want him to meet the new man in her life? Doesn't she realize how painful that would be? Just after that thought, a two year old boy comes running down the hallway and jumping into his mother's arms. Regina smiles and giggles with the boy before walking to Robin.

Robin's lips part in a gasps when he hears her next words.

"Robin, this is Henry. Your son."

Robin looks at Henry, his eyes then shoot over to Regina, then they meet Henry's once again.

"He's-" He starts, but can't find the right words.

Regina sets Henry down and he runs to sit in front of the tv. Robin watches the young boy as he runs off. He can't take his eyes off of him. He's so beautiful. So much like his mother.

"He's beautiful, isn't he?" Regina states, causing Robin to snap out of his thoughts.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." Robin tells the woman as tears prickle at his eyes. He never once looks away from his son.

Regina smiles. "He's just like you in so many ways. Never lets me forget about you." She scoffs, shaking her head. "I love him so much." She smiles at her- their son.

Robin chuckles unbelievably, rubbing his face with his hands. "I just- is he smart?"

"Smartest little two year old I've ever seen." Regina smiles, touching Robin's arm to let him know that she's not mad. Not anymore. She notices the regret in his face mixed with the tears in his eyes.

"It's okay, Robin." She whispers.

Robin covers his smile with his hand. He still can't believe this is real. He has a son.

"Can- can I-" He stutters as he gestures toward the part of the living room where Henry sat.

"Yeah.. Go. Talk to him." Regina tells her ex lover. Her heart beats fast with him just standing next to her again. She watches as Robin walks over to his son and sits in the floor next to him.

She hears their distant voices, "Whatcha watching?" Robin asks.

"Cartoons." Henry responds with his little voice.

Regina can't help the smile that forms on her face. She watches them the whole time, never taking her eyes off the two. Both of them sat in silence just watching the TV. Their heads both tilt slightly to the left at the same exact time as they pay attention to the show in front of them. Henry is definitely just like his father.

But they still need to talk. She knows Robin will want to be in his life and so in that case, things with have to be talked about and situated. Her heart still slowly beats for this man that sits with their son. But is it enough for him to come back into her life and not just Henry's?
//
Woohoo another chapter 🙃 I hope it was at least enough to satisfy your needs lol.

Jazz😘