44- Heart Matters.

{Look at them. Just look. At. Them. Perfection; that's what Hailee and Lily are together. I get very excited every time I find pictures of them together, it makes imagining Bailey and Lynn so much easier! I'm done fangirling}

Also, I would like all of you to know that no matter what, if you need someone to talk to, I'm here. I love talking to you and if you're in need of any help, please feel free to message me. You're not alone ♡

BAILEY'S POV:

LATER THAT DAY.

                                                                  After breakfast with Matt, Jonah and Amber, I headed home to refresh. Breakfast had been a lot a fun. Matt was a little touchy. He held my hand under the table a couple of times. Because of that I had been a little red throughout the meal. Amber kept looking at me, as if she knew what was going on, but I ignored her. I still wanted to talk to her about what was going between Matt and me, but we needed time for that.

                                                                 Ash texted me during homeroom, saying that she had an invitation to a fundraiser event that Shirley Smith's family was hosting to fund the swimming program. It was an exclusive event and she had purposely chosen me as her plus one, because Terry was getting an invite of his own. 

                                                                 I had barely even read the whole message than my instincts told me to decline. I knew that Ash would be a little hurt, but experience had taught me to trust my instincts no matter what. 

                                                                 When I was thirteen, just before my parents split, our family had taken a vacation to Hawaii. I had ignored my instinct and purchased the most 'grown-up' (read: flimsy) bikini I could find in the teens section. My gut warned me to take something comfortable and sensible, but it was Hawaii, and it was a holiday, I had whined to myself. 

                                                                When I jumped into the ocean, my top nearly came off. I would have suffered a huge wardrobe malfunction if Lynn hadn't rushed towards me with a towel at the right time. 

                                                                Throughout my life, I had suffered horrible consequences for not trusting my instincts. I was not going to stop trusting it now. My instincts told me that something horribly wrong was going to happen at that fundraiser and it would be better if I skipped it. The bell rang. I quickly texted Ash that I couldn't make it and that she should ask one of the others to join her.

                                                                 Her reply was almost instantaneous. 

Ash: But I need you to come!!!!! 

Ash: Ellie and Logan have some family thingie on that day, Amber and Jonah have plans, Gemma is not interested and Max is avoiding Kevin....

Ash: pls come....   :(

                                                                I sighed. I told her that I would think about it and put my phone away. I heard my phone buzz a couple of times before it felt silent. After lunch, I had a free period. I headed to the library to get a book and read. I found a table near the window and settled down.  

                                                               About ten minutes into reading, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up to see Matt slide into the chair next to me. "Hey." He said and I looked around to check if anyone was around. "What are you doing here?" I asked, carefully marking my spot and shutting my book. "I texted you, but you never replied. I've come to ask you come to the fundraiser." He said quietly. I sighed and pinched my nose.

                                                               Before he could say anything, I told him the reason I didn't want to go. He looked at me with an incredulous expression. "Your gut instinct?" He asked rather loudly. People around us gave us sharp looks and I clapped my hand over his mouth. Mouthing 'sorry' to the people, I glared at him. "Yes. Gut instinct. I bet you've heard of it before." I hissed.

                                                               Matt took my hand off of his mouth and held it in his. "C'mon Bay. It's just one night. I want you to come with me." He said. What part of I don't want to go did these people not understand? 

                                                              "Please. It'll be fun. I'll be there. And I heard someone say that there's going to be a ballroom dance thing and they have a huge backyard too. Maybe I'll teach you how to climb a tree." Matt continued. "I know how to climb trees." I scoffed. "Then we could climb one together." Matt shrugged.

                                                              I realised that he wasn't going to take no for an answer. Rolling my eyes, I said, "Fine. But I'm leaving the moment I feel like something's about to go wrong." I said and Matt grinned at me. "No problem. I gotta run, I've missed the first ten minutes of History. See you later." He placed a kiss on the back of my hand and left.

                                                             I smiled to myself and ignored the mounting feeling of dread. I would take care of that later. I returned to my book and waited for my next lesson.

                                                             At around six in the evening, I was in the living room watching TV when the doorbell rang. I answered it to find Matt standing at the door. 

                                                            "Hey!" Matt stepped into my house before I invited him to and headed straight to the kitchen. I shut the door and followed him inside. "Can I?" He motioned to the fridge and I nodded. He opened the fridge and began to rummage for something. "Do you plan on telling me why you're here?" I asked after a few seconds of silence.

                                                            "Of course! Are you home alone?" Matt asked, pouring both of us a glass of orange juice. "Lynn's upstairs." I said, accepting the glass from him. He continued to remain silent. "Matt? Why are you here?" I asked again. "I just wanted to spend time with you. It's getting a little boring at Jonah's place." He shrugged.

                                                            I invited him to watch television with me. We sat on the couch and he immediately wrapped an arm around me. It was extremely comfortable to sit with him. Almost natural. As we continued to sit together, I thought, he came to spend time with me. ME. Did that mean anything? 

                                                             Shark Tank came on and Matt kept shouting his opinions at the TV. It was fascinating; watching him analyse and rate the products was like performing one of the most interesting character studies ever. 

                                                              He left after a while. I walked him to his car, where he pulled me closer and kissed me in a way that made my toes tingle. As I watched him drive away, I thought to myself, maybe going to the fundraiser wouldn't be all that bad after all.