Epilogue

I know, this has been a long time coming, but here's the epilogue for KGW!
Before I start this chapter, I would like to thank each and every one of you for being on this journey with me. Some of you have been here from the start, right from Book 1 ( @golfer_girl I'm looking at you!). Others have joined along the way and I am so so grateful for all your support! The only reason I've made it this far is because of you amazing people who decided to check out an unknown authors book. I love you for that.

After a lot of contemplation, I have decided to dedicate this chapter to @nophotoshop and @umm_____ ; I hope this epilogue helps wrap up a happy ending for all characters :)

Enjoy!

THREE MONTHS LATER.

BAILEY'S POV:

I dropped my textbooks and grabbed my jacket before shutting my locker. The weather was getting colder, and I am not very tolerant towards the cold. I very much prefer the hot summer days, where you don't have to bundle up everytime you step out.

All around me, people were saying goodbye as they headed out to the fortnight-long holiday we had starting the next day. I was the last one to leave class; Amber, Matt, Jonah, and the others were waiting for me right outside the parking lot. As I stepped out of the building, I could see them standing together, talking. Matt was the first one to spot me. He smiled beckoned for me to join them. Butterflies swarmed my stomach at the gesture.

It had been three months since Matt and I began to officially go out, but every day felt like the first. I guess we were still in the honeymoon phase, but I couldn't feel happier by his side. He treated me like a princess. We spoke every day, and made it point to meet after school. He loved surprising me with impromptu dates; he had taken me stargazing two nights ago. It had been so much fun. Every day with him was a surprise, and I never felt bored or confused.

I walked up to them and slipped my fingers through Matt's hand. "Hey, what's going on?" "Just planning what we're going to do today," Gemma said, "What with you and Matt going on a double date with Amber and Jonah, and Ash and Terry already having left for town, the rest of us are a little stranded." She said.

"I know what I would rather do." Matt whispered on my ear, and I patted his hand sympathetically. Matt and I agreed that the two of us would much rather stay at home and watch a movie. We had been doing that a lot since the time we got together. He would sneak into my room and we would stay up watching movies on my laptop as we snuggled on the bed. I had come to associate Matt with safety and comfort.

"You could go to the movies?" Jonah suggested. "That's not too bad, Wonder Woman's playing." Max said. "I don't know if I want to watch that right now..." Gemma said uncertainly.

Logan piped up, "Ellie, you and Max go catch the movie. If Gemma wants, the two of us could go get a coffee?" I glanced at Matt, who was silently encouraging Logan. They both had gotten rather close over the past couple of months, and Matt had taken it into his hands to help Logan ask Gemma out. "Okay." Gemma smiled.

I was starting to get quite certain that she liked him too. Given the opportunity, their relationship could flourish.

"Guys, we're getting late." I said to leave Logan and Gemma alone before Logan lost his nerve. "Yeah, you're absolutely right. You're driving, right Jo?" Amber asked. Jonah nodded and the four of us made our way to Jonah's car.

"Do you think this will go well?" I asked Matt. "Of course! Provided Logan doesn't freak out." He shrugged. He kissed my forehead and opened the door for me. "Such a gentleman." I rolled my eyes and got into the car.