Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Its two weeks since the fight with the strigoi happened and in that time we managed to track down the remainder of the nest and dispose of them, including finally saying goodbye to the other two Mazur guardians that were turned. We had no further injuries, which we were thankful for; however, we did manage to attract the attention of more exiled/unsanctioned guardians.

Besides the hunting party, everyone had stepped up their game in other areas too; Dimitri and I anxious to get the gym up and running, Mason teaching Chris more self-defence and helping him finish the arena and Abe's guardians, Liam Howard, Mike Banbury and Seb Dubois, pitched in to help get the equipment and Guardian Safe House finished so that they could start their new training regime. Abe even sent along a couple more of his guardians to help out, Matt Rowe, a 31 year old practical joker, and Lorraine Markham, a straight talking British girl, who had emigrated with her family when she was in her early teens, on top of that she reminded me a lot of Celeste. Needless to say both fit right in with our ragtag group and neither was afraid of getting their hands dirty.

We had all busted a gut to finish it and all our hard work had come down to today.

"Roza!" Dimitri called "We are going to be late."

"I know, I know. Keep your hair on Comrade. I had to make sure I looked good" I shouted from the second floor landing.

"You always look go....."

"Something wrong Comrade?" I said playfully as I walked down the stairs. Dimitri was looking a little stunned, like something had just hit him. It was very amusing and just the reaction I was looking for.

I was wearing a pair of black leather pants that hugged every curve but were made to allow me to fight if necessary, hence the hidden stake pockets, along with a tight red silk tank top. However, I at long last had managed to find something that had eluded me for a while now and I finally commissioned a tailor to make one for me; my very own leather duster, whereas Dimitri's was brown, mine was red, and it fitted me like a dream.

"Oh Roza!" Dimitri groaned with lust.

"See something you like Comrade?" I said descending the last step into the foyer towards him. He reached for me and pulled me roughly to him and growled into my hair at my shoulder. "I take that as a yes then" I laughed out.

"Are you two ready?" said Matt as he stepped up from the basement level. "Oh sorry, I'll... ermm... I'll just wait by the car" he said making a hasty retreat away from Dimitri's wild animal impression.

I couldn't help but burst out laughing "As much as I like what you are doing comrade, we need to get going. We have an official opening to get to."

"They can wait" he said continuing to attack my neck.

"No, they can't. Maybe I should go and get changed into something less distracting" I said in mock contemplation.

"Don't you dare" he shot back squeezing me tighter so I wouldn't escape.

"Are you sure? I think you are having problems handling my outfit."

He sighed and dropped his arms from me and scrunching his hands into fists in an attempt to control himself "come on then, let's get this show on the road" he said pushing me in front of him.

I heard a moan escape his lips "are you checking me out Comrade?" I asked without turning round.

"Yes, yes I am. Now get down to the car before I change my mind and drag you up to bed."