Gaiden 9: Brother

*Takeshi*

"I... but I like someone else!" I blurted out. "I can't marry her!"

Anis crossed her arms. "I likewise don't wish to marry you. I want to be able to decide who I marry."

"You sound just like Tulia," the king said, chuckling.

I blinked. "Huh? She does?" I gasped. "Wait, was my mom engaged to someone before?"

"Not really, but she did have the fear of being engaged at some point. I even proposed to elope with her once to help her out with that!" the king said.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Ehhh, you were willing to marry my mom? But she's your cousin."

The king shrugged. "The royal family has had moments of marriage between cousins and second cousins before. Since the royal family possesses more divine blood than other branches, marriage between first cousins doesn't do much damage. You know, if Osamu had been a girl I would've wanted her to marry you."

I chuckled. Osamu and me? Would we even work out? And why did he mention if Osamu were a girl rather than me? Haha, must be because the prince is a pretty boy!

"Maybe Azami would be willing to marry your little sister," the queen said as she entered the throne room.

I tilted my head. I doubt Selena would want to be engaged to someone. Unless if he's handsome and funny.

"Dear, good for you to come. Speaking of Azami, is he here yet?"

She nodded. "Yes. He actually arrived last night but had me and the servants kept it a secret. Seems he wanted to surprise his little brother."

I turned around and ran out of the room.

"Hey, where are you going!" Anis yelled.

"I don't want to talk about this engagement, I'm too young to marry!" I yelled out.

Anis chased after me. "I am too!"

I reached my hand back and grabbed hers. "Then let's get out of here!"

Her face flushed a little. "Yeah," she said with a beautiful smile.

I averted my gaze. What was wrong with me? Just now I felt as if my heart were thumping faster. It had to be because I was running.

"Take care, lovebirds!" the queen and king yelled out, chuckling.

"We're not lovebirds!" we yelled as we let go of each others' hands.

*Osamu*

[Near the Throne Room]

"Hey, little bro!" a voice called out. "Eavesdropping on our parents again?"

I winced upon hearing the voice. I took a deep breath and turned to see a white-haired young man standing behind me. Strapped to his shoulder was a guitar.

"Hey," I mumbled.

Brother chuckled. "You're still as uptight as always, Osa!"