Special: Surprise

*Takeshi*

"Pstt," I said as I poked my head into my sister's room.

"What do ya want?" Rocio snapped, rubbing her eyes.

"Ya know what tomorrow is?" I asked.

"Of course we do," Selena said, sitting up from her bed.

I smiled. "Good, do ya remember what we discussed last week?"

Rocio grumbled. "Of course we do. Well, at least I do. I already began working on it."

"Ya did?" Skah asked as he stood next to me. He lowered his head. "B-but I wanted to help make it..."

"I didn't say I finished it. Ya can help me finish it, but don't ruin it."

Skah smiled. "I won't!"

"Wait, what am I doing?" Selena asked. She stared at me and grinned. "Can I help ya with the food, Shi?"

I shook my head. "Oh no, ya aren't. Ya burned the water for the hard-boiled eggs last year."

Selena grumbled. "That was one time!"

"The year before that, ya almost burned down the house," Skah said, putting a hand on his mouth. "Luckily, Rocio saved us with her fire powers."

Rocio glared at her older sister. "Ya really are a bad cook. Not sure why cat boy gave ya another chance."

"C-cat boy?" I asked.

The little girl waved her hand. "Anyway, go to sleep. We know what we must do."

Selena grumbled. "Everyone but me..."

I chuckled. "Ya can help Cio and Skah out, Sel!" I said, waving. "Let's go Skah, we need to get some shut-eye for the big day tomorrow."

"Okay!" my little brother said, grinning.  He hugged his red baby rooster plushie. "Let's go Tortorchi! We need to get up early for mommy's big day!"

I ruffled his snow-white hair. "Yup!"

***

"Big brother!" Skah said, shaking me.

I opened my eyes. "What's up Skah?"

"Ya need to prepare the food!" he exclaimed. "Today is mommies day! Papa went with mommy to the provincial capital, but they'll be back in two hours. We need to hurry!"

I got out of bed. "Ahh, you're right! Thanks for waking me up, little bro!"

Skah chuckled. "Skah was the first one awake. Right, Tortorchi?" he asked, staring at his plushie.

I snickered. "Must be because you're a baby rooster."

The white haired kid chuckled and began to flap his hands. "Skah wants to fly!"

"Roosters don't fly, though," I said, snickering.

Skah's eyes widened. "T-they don't? S-so Skah won't fly?" he exclaimed, backing away.

"Well, you probably can with your back wings." I chuckled. "You'll probably be the first known flying rooster!"

Skah's smiled widened. "Really? The first?" He giggled. "Skah the first! Skah the first!" He started to jump in circles around me.

"Well, little birdie, it's time for me to make our mama some chow and for you to make her a card she'll love."

"Okay!" Skah yelled, rushing out of the room.

I ran out as well and headed downstairs. My nose twitched as warm vapor hit it.

"No... Selena!" I yelled. I rushed to the kitchen which was filled in with steam as if I had walked into someone taking a hot shower. I saw Selena frantically remove a pot of boiling water from the stove.