Episode 12: Beyond The Surface

I looked around the golden hall as I tried to locate my big brother's room

I looked around the golden hall as I tried to locate my big brother's room. My parents had gone off on another date. Rocio and Skah stayed in Shi's room to play while I went to grab us some snacks. Hopefully, Rocio wasn't trying to get Skah to fight her again...

I grumbled. All the doors looked the same, and there were so many of them too.

I stopped and slapped myself. Come on, Sel, open one. Most of them are probably empty anyway.

Taking a deep breath, I opened the door to my left. It was a large room with a royal blue bed and a white canopy with golden columnar posts. The carpet was purple like the lavender my big brother loved so much. The place itself smelled of spring. There was also a blackthorn wood table with two black leather seats around it. Leaning on one of the chairs was a familiar-looking guitar.

I squealed as soon as I saw it. It was the same model as the one Musa used, a Salem Ten! Musa was part of Beyond the Surface, my favorite band of all time. I dreamt of meeting him and the other members, though tickets to their concerts were hard to get... both in terms of cost and availability. No way a girl from the boondocks like me could come by one...

I squatted next to the guitar and smiled. Perhaps I should give it a try. Wait, I shouldn't touch other people's stuff. If I break it, I'll have to work my entire life to pay for something that expensive. 

I looked around. Hmm, whoever this room belongs to must have good taste. Bet it's Prince Osamu's.

Suddenly the room became filled with mist as one of the other doors in the room opened.

"Huh, what are you doing in my room, annoying girl?" a voice called out.

I froze. Uh no... not him...

"I uh..." I forced myself up. "I was looking for Shi's room and..." I froze up as I turned around. Azami was naked except for the towel around his waist. I covered my eyes. "Ugh, put on some clothes!"

He sighed. "I was going to do that, until I saw there was someone staring at Sally."

"Sally?" I asked, removing my hands from my eyes slowly.

He walked over to me and smiled. "That's the name of this baby," he said, picking up the guitar next to me.

My face warmed up as I realized once more that he was only wearing a towel.

He snickered. "You know, you can leave. Hmm, though I have the impression that you're a pervert in addition to being an annoying girl."

I grumbled. "I am not a pervert! You are!"

He put a hand on his hip. "Really now? That's a weak comeback. Try harder, sweetie."

My face heated up. "D-don't call me that! I don't want to be your sweetie!"

He snickered. "Who said anything about that? Anyways, your brother's room is the one across from here."

I smiled. "Thanks!"