Gardens

Allura smiled as she danced with Hunk, who struggled to keep up with her. She then switched off with Shiro, steadily dancing her way through all of the paladins but one. She left to find Pidge standing awkwardly near a refreshments table.

"Are you alright?" She asked, sporting a worried expression.

"Yeah. This armor is kind of stuffy. And with so many people..." Pidgey gazed out into the foreign ballroom, filled with exotically colored humanoids.

"There's a garden out there, you know." Allura said, pointing to a door with a smile. "It's very nice." Pidge returned her smile, nodding as she walked towards the gardens.

--

"Take at least one paladin." Zarkon commanded.

"What about the Lions?" Someone asked, yielding a glaring smile from the galra emperor.

"How can they form Voltron without all five paladins? They let their emotions control them, so they won't just find a new paladin. We will have them trapped."

"Yes, Lord Zarkon. Vrepit sa!"

--

Lance heard the screaming before anyone else. A small alien ran into the hall just as Lance was trying to sneak out. He had just seen Coran become intoxicated and pass out while begging Shiro for a dance. He wasn't sure what more there was to see.

"Please, come to our aid once more, brave paladins!" He shouted, loud enough to silence the entire ballroom. Fires burning and tortured screams could now be heard. Lance glanced at Allura to see her face hardened.

"Get to your lions." She said, stepping over a snoring Coran as she made her way to the castle. "And somebody check on Pidge - she's in the gardens."

Shiro, Hunk and Keith rushed to the door and made their way outside, shooting and pushing away galra soldiers and drones. The noticed a path of grunts and screams making their way towards them, and they raised their bayards, braced for the worst.

"Guys!" A familiar voice called out to them as another galra fell, revealing the smallest paladin with her bayard outstretched. "They're here... Get... Allura..." She wiped her forehead, and Shiro couldn't help but smile.

"Grab one!" A voice shouted. All four paladins turned to the source, watching as a stampede of galra soldiers advanced.

"Split up, and-"

"No!" Pidge screamed suddenly, cutting Shiro off as she felt the needle being jabbed in her arm. Keith ran towards her, but was overwhelmed by the galra hoard halfway through.

"Pidge!" Hunk yelled, shoving through the crowd of soldiers. He made his way to her, watching as she was carried off by a soldier.

"Hunk, Shiro, Keith! Please...!" She managed to struggle against the sedative a long enough to scream their names a few more times before the galra carrying her slammed her head into his armor, and she fell silent.

A/N

Sorry for the shorter chapter. Though I guess it doesn't really matter bc nobody is reading this lol