Home

Haggar stared down at the two frightened paladins, smiling wickedly.

"Let's go on a ride." She whispered, and although she was a good 60 feet above Pidge, she heard every word coming from the witch's mouth. The ship lurched suddenly, and the green and blue paladins looked at each other, both thinking the same terrifying thought.

(I don't think we're in Kansas anymore)

"You'll never get away with this! Our friends will come for us!" Pidge screamed, a new and unfamiliar rage burning in her.

"I'm counting on it." The witch breathed, turning to black smoke and appearing suddenly in front of Pidge.

"Oh, how interesting. It's you again, isn't it? You just couldn't stay away, could you?" She cackled as Pidge tried desperately to free Lance. "Leave him, he'll live. You can walk, so come with me." Before Pidge could protest, Lance had grabbed her hand.

"I can get out from under this. Stall her." He whispered.

"What if I don't​ come with you? If he dies, Zarkon will blame you." Pidge improvised, and Haggar growled.

"You may stay here, then. Your weapons." She raised a ball of pink and black energy in one hand and stretched the other out. Pidge placed the two bayards in her hand. "And his helmet." She pointed at Lance's helmet, which Pidge grudgingly gave to the witch, who disappeared in a small puff of black smoke.

"Lance, what do we do?!" She cried, helping him out from under the hunk of metal. She gasped when she saw him - he was mostly fine except for a jagged cut on his calf. "How..."

"The metal was broken off. It had some sharp edges, but that doesn't matter." He handed her Keith's helmet.

"How did you... Did you have this when it fell on you?" Pidgey asked, staring at the helmet like it was made of gold.

"Yeah. You'd dropped it, and I picked it up a few seconds before the roof fell. I didn't tell her we had it, for obvious reasons." Lance said, sitting up.

Pidge placed the helmet on her head. "Hello, Voltron?" She asked. There was silence for a moment, and then -

"This is Shiro. Who is that?"

"It's me, Pidge! Lance and I are on Zarkon's ship. Lance is hurt, and the only means of communication we have is Keith's helmet."

"We know about you being on the ship. Zarkon's heading to Earth, and we're following."

"Why would he be going to Earth?!" Pidge exclaimed, and Lance turned to her.

"What's going on?"

Pudge pulled the helmet off for a moment. "Zarkon is heading to Earth - we're heading to Earth."

"Why?!" Lance asked, fear forming in his eyes. He tried to stand, but his leg buckled under his weight. Pidge caught him before he fell, lowering him to the ground.

"Take it easy. I don't know his reasons, but I'm guessing it has everything to do with the fact that we came from Earth." Pidge said grimly, putting the helmet on again.

"You there?" Shiro asked in a panicked voice.

"Yeah, I'm here." She answered softly.

"Good. Are you near your lions?"

"Yes, we're in the same room with them," Pidge said. "But Lance is badly hurt. I don't know if he could get to his lion without help, and I'm not strong enough to support him well."

"Well, try. You need to get out of that ship." Shiro said, and Pidge nodded to Lance. Lance tried again to stand, this time with Pidge under his left shoulder. They hobbled to the blue lion, and Pidge helped Lance climb in.

"I can't believe that worked." Pidge said, but she lost the small but of confidence that the trip have her when she saw how much Lance was bleeding. She looked out the window and saw a trail of blood leading to the lion - and a druid approaching the door.

"Lance, start the lion now!" Pidge yelled, running out of the lion's mouth to her own. She had made it inside the particle barrier when the druid fired at her, letting loose some sort of pink lightning.

"Ah, Quiznak" Lance shouted over the comm.

"What's going on?!" Keith yelled.

"A bit of trouble with one of Zarkon's druids!" Lance shouted back, and the blue lion stood and roared at the magic-wielding galra.

"I'm in!" Pidge yelled, starting up her own lion.

"Good, now get out of there." Allura said.

"Okay, on it!" Lance replied, firing a laser at the door. He leaped out of the makeshift exit and Pidge followed, narrowly evading the pink lightning.

"They're just outside of the solar system!" Lance yelled, looking at planets zoom by. The two lions got to Earth before Zarkon's ship, joining the other three before forming Voltron.

"Whatever you do, don't let them open fire on the planet. We have to protect Earth!" Keith yelled.

"Maybe let Shiro give the commands?!" Lance said, smiling playfully.

"Keith's right. Protect the planet, and stay as far away from Earth as possible. The farther we stay away, the less danger Earth is in." Shirl commanded.

"They're getting closer...!" Hunk said nervously.

"Paladins, Coran and I can help cover you and your planet, but you must be careful." Allura instructed from inside the castle. "This is probably the most dangerous fight yet, and not just because it's against Zarkon's main ship."

"Why is it so dangerous?" Hunk asked.

"Because it's you defending your planet. Zarkon will make an example out of Earth if you fail. So it's dangerous for him, because you won't fail."