Training Deck

Next few chapters will be stress-free, just team building and fun related. You can curse me later.

Also I'm sorry for the picture included with this but I found it and I just *intense sobbing in background*

Pidge lept over the gladiator, stabbing it from behind. She smiled at her new agility, unsure when exactly it had emerged.

"Great job, Pidge." Shiro said, smiling at her. He was all too aware of her recent lack of strength.

"Thanks." She replied, shooting her bayard's small blade out at one of the levitating drones above her. It hit the floor with a satisfying, "thunk", and Lance gave her a thumbs up. She continued doing this while avoiding the enemy fire, only being hit twice during the whole assessment.

"You need some improvement," Allura told her after she was done. "But you're ahead of Lance and Hunk, statistically." Allura pulled the young paladin into an embrace. "You've just gotten so much better since your last test. I'm so proud of you!"

"Uh, thanks." Pidge said, rubbing her ribs as Allura pulled away. She fixed her glasses and smiled at the princess.

"You did good. Now for a team exercise - everyone in?" Keith asked, and the other four paladins nodded.

--

"Okay, two teams - team Red and team Green." Coran instructed. "Team Green is Lance, Hunk, and Pidge. Team Red is Allura, Shiro, and Keith."

"Why are we team red, again?" Shiro asked, looking up at the mustached referee.

"Because blue and yellow makes green, and the the green paladin, and then... Well, Allura isn't a paladin, so she technically doesn't have a color to work with. Shiro is black, and Keith is red, so I decided on team Red because it's the opposite of green. And team vs. team means you're enemies!"

"Makes sense." Lance said, activating his Bayard.

"Goal is to take out the most team members on the other side. There are no bases, so fight away! No fatal injuries allowed."

"Do I get a Bayard?!" Allura whined, peering up at Coran.

"Er... Here, use this." The gladiator rose into the ring, presented Allura with a blaster, then descended back under the floor.

"Are you ready! Set! Go!"

Keith and Lance were immediately on top of each other, Lance using his hands and Keith using his sword. Lance managed to pull away long enough to activate his Bayard, and it was game over for Keith.

Hunk and Allura were battling it out, issuing heavy fire from across the room.

Shiro and Pidge were slipping around each other. Pidge was attempting to wrap her elongated Bayard string around Shiro's legs, while Shiro was attempting to take her Bayard away so she couldn't do that.

"Too slow!" She teased as Shiro swiped at her and missed. Suddenly, Shiro stumbled and fell through a newly opened hole in the floor.

"Sorry, Shiro!" Allura exclaimed, shooting Hunk. "Friendly fire shouldn't count!" She joked, now aiming at Pidge.

Pidge saw her, in slow motion, running towards her, gun aimed and ready to fire. She gasped, remembering the same situation during a horrible session with some of the Galra druids. She forgot her current circumstances, only thinking of survival. She slid instinctively between Allura's legs, catching her off guard longer enough to fire her Bayard. Allura fell through the floor, leaving Pidge alone in the training room.

"Awesome! Team Green wins!" Hunk exclaimed, running into the room suddenly with the rest of the teams.

"No!" Pidge yelled, still seeing her teammates as faceless galra soldiers.

"Katie." Shiro said, rushing to her and placing his hand on her shoulder. She looked up at him and sighed.

"I'm sorry, Shiro." She said, staring at the floor.

"It isn't your fault. But hey, you won!" He said the first sentence quietly, so that only she could hear it. The rest of the team cheered.

"You're recovering pretty fast!" Lance said, pulling her away from Shiro and putting his own arm around her shoulder. "Soon we'll be able to take down Zarkon!" Allura smiled.

"We already are."

--

Shiro pulled out a chair at the table, and Lance sat in it, batting his eyelashes at Shiro. Pidge got the feeling that they were all being extra silly today for her sake.

"What's cookin, good lookin?" Lance asked, making finger guns at Hunk as he walked in with a platter of food that (mostly) wasn't green and reminiscent of Jell-O.

"Remember that planet with the one guy who-" Hunk stopped as Allura shot him a look. "The last of our non-food-goo foods. Bon appetit!"

"This looks like Klanmürl dro-"

"Coran, please! Not at the dinner table." Allura scolded, taking a bite of the food. "This is amazing, Hunk!"

"Did Coran just compare my food to Klanmürl sh-"

"Hunk." Shiro said sternly, pausing before he, too, started in on the food.

"Hunk, this is awesome. Like seriously delicious!" Lance said, shoveling food into his mouth.

"Slow down, Lance! You have to really savor it."

"Savor this!" Lance said, throwing a spoonful of goo at Hunk. The green, gel-like substance slid down Hunk's cheek. Keith smiled.

"It's on!" Hunk roared, launching an entire plate of goo at Lance. Keith threw all of his goo at the blue paladin as well.

"Enough." Shiro said, just as Lance hit his white, floopy hair-thing with some goo. "I take that back - it's on!"

Shiro ran to the kitchen, returning thirty seconds later with a plate piled with goo. He twirled, ballerina style, and goo shot off the plate in every direction.

"Nice dancing skills." Keith said, grinning as he wiped the goop out of his hair.

"Thanks." Shiro said, flinging the rest of the food goo at Pidge, who giggled as it hit her forehead and slid off of her nose. She was finally home.